Maruti Suzuki to invest on new age environment friendly technologies
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
In an endeavour to fulfil its corporate responsibility towards the conservation of the quality of environment in India, the country’s leading automaker, Maruti Suzuki India is planning to chalk down ways and means to step down the emission levels of its vehicles and thereby curtail the greenhouse emissions by plunging down the carbon footprint in its various manufacturing and allied operations.
Maruti Suzuki India is extending efforts in identifying the alternatives to lower the carbon footprint and has announced to infuse finances to incorporate the identified modern and scientifically proven techniques.
Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, CEO and Managing Director, MSI commented, "We have a well thought-out plan to minimise resource use, to become a greener company and safeguard the environment. As we expand our business and put in newer facilities, our focus will be to adopt and invest in new environment friendly technologies and practices to minimize the impact of our business on the environment."
The automaker is targeting to constantly upgrade the level of innovation in a bid to attain higher operational efficacy with greater incorporation of environment friendly techniques. In fact, the company is already showcasing its sensitivity towards natural resources and its usage such as, in the last 10 years, the power consumption per car has dropped down by 30% in Gurgaon plant while it has reduced by the same amount at Manesar plant in just five years.
With using energy efficient technologies to applying cost economical techniques for bringing down the green house emissions, Maruti Suzuki is also ensuring that the new models launched not only offers upgraded engine attributes with higher fuel efficiency but also leads to lesser emissions.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume