Maruti Suzuki to go ahead with expansion in Haryana: Deepender Singh Hooda
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Amidst the speculations that Maruti Suzuki may hold back the investments in their Manesar plant, the Rohtak MP Mr. Deepender Singh Hooda has said that the company will go ahead with investing in Haryana. He added that the country’s largest car maker will go beyond Gurgaon and Manesar and will also invest in other parts of the state. Deepender Singh Hooda is a congress MP and is son of Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Speaking on the matter, Mr. Hooda added, Maruti Suzuki is going ahead with its ongoing investments and there is no question of pulling out investment from the state. The action by the state government has been swift and well appreciated by Maruti management."
The government has appointed prosecutor KTS Tulsi to handle trial and immediate arrest of 90-odd workers. He added, "The chief minister has already made clear that no guilty will be spared and innocents will not be punished."
It is to be mentioned here that the company has invested heavily (Rs 1700 Crore) in their facilities in Gurgaon and Haryana. The firm is also planning an additional investment of Rs 1700 crore to set-up a new diesel engine manufacturing facility, which is expected to go on stream by year 2014.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai