Maruti Suzuki to focus more on diesel run cars
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Amidst the upwards shooting demand for the diesel run cars in the Indian market, the country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki has said that it will be focusing on diesel cars to catch-up with the high demand momentum.
Speaking on the occasion of merger of Suzuki Powertrains in the Maruti Suzuki India, company’s managing director and chief executive officer, Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, said, "We will take diesel engine capacity to six lakh from the current three lakh by mid-2013. The merger will provide cost-reduction and allow production planning under a single management."
In the recent years, the gap between the prices of petrol and diesel has widened significantly. The diesel car penetration of the Maruti Suzuki surged to 55 percent in the month of May. The company is witnessing a considerably surge in the demand for the diesel variants of their cars including Swift, Ritz, Dzire and SX4.
Meanwhile, the oil ministry is proposing a special tax over the diesel run cars, which is expected to make them expensive by up to Rs 2.55 lakh. The government of India is planning to impose a special duty of 1.7 lakh on mini diesel cars and Rs 2.55 lakh on medium and large cars.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
OFCOURSE THEY WILL. PEOPLE ARE FLATTERED BY DIESEL RUN CARS , BUT THEY DONT EVALUATE THE INITAL BUYINGCOST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PETROL AND DIESEL RUN VEHICLES AND ALSO THE MAINTENCE COST. THE MANUFACTURERS ARE CHURNING MONEY OUT OF IT BY HIKING THE COST OF THE MAINTANENCE OF DIESEL RUN CARS.June 14, 2012 by JITENDRA LAKHMANIA
UPA govt. trying tosee the peoples of this country to buy cycles instead of purchasing cars at their own to develop themselves.These people gathered unlimited money/property and they do not likes a common man driving a car in front of them, these people are blood suckers of their countrymen.June 14, 2012 by THIARA
God has made jaipal Reddy langda due to his wicked brain.Better to kick out such thugs from politics in the coming elections in 2014June 13, 2012 by Mprps
Those oil minsters are blood sucking animal. He is raising the tax for diesel so people can divert to petrol again......Corruption is root for all this. And we will never develop our country when we have such ministers.June 13, 2012 by Chandra Shekar
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai
- The success stories scripted by Ertiga and Swift in India