Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire made in India introduced in Colombia
Suzuki Motor Corporation has introduced the second generation model of its well appreciated Swift DZire sedan in Colombia, the South American country. Reportedly, the first generation model of Swift series was only restricted to the Indian auto sector, whereas its next gen version is exploring new markets all over the world.
In 2012, the India-made Swift DZire was launched in the auto markets of Middle East, Africa and South America with the help of distributors. On the other hand, industry experts believe that the auto maker has embarked on its export plans from India in order to reduce its inventory pileup of petrol guises of Swift as the domestic buyers have developed a penchant for diesel powered models, especially in the hatchback segment.
Interestingly, the Swift DZire offered in Colombian auto market features same engine specifications as of the Indian model. Identical 1.2 litre K-series engine has been incorporated within the model, which churns out a peak power of 85 bhp. However, when compared against Swift, the DZire gets redesigned bumpers, new front grille and a bigger boot.
Other key highlights of the model are power windows, steering wheel mounted audio controls and efficient air conditioning system. Among all of them, the auto maker has also packed a number of security advancements, which ensures complete safety of its passengers. The safety features of the model include fog lamps, airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a robust build. In order to add to the passengers’ comforts, the height of its seats can be manually adjusted to sit in a perfect posture.
- Upcoming Renault Lodgy likely to drive sales in India
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Range Extender Hybrid showcased at 2015 International Green Mobility Expo
- Toyota Motor Corp promotes foreigners and first women to top posts
- Nissan redefines the compact hatchback concept with the Sway concept – Features to look out for
- Suzuki iM-4 compact SUV concept unveiled at 2015 Geneva Motor Show
- Suzuki iK-2 premium hatchback unveiled; will also come to India
- Tata ConnectNext Concept showcased at 2015 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault unveils Dacia Duster 1.2L turbo petrol variant