Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire made in India introduced in Colombia
Suzuki Motor Corporation has introduced the second generation model of its well appreciated Swift DZire sedan in Colombia, the South American country. Reportedly, the first generation model of Swift series was only restricted to the Indian auto sector, whereas its next gen version is exploring new markets all over the world.
In 2012, the India-made Swift DZire was launched in the auto markets of Middle East, Africa and South America with the help of distributors. On the other hand, industry experts believe that the auto maker has embarked on its export plans from India in order to reduce its inventory pileup of petrol guises of Swift as the domestic buyers have developed a penchant for diesel powered models, especially in the hatchback segment.
Interestingly, the Swift DZire offered in Colombian auto market features same engine specifications as of the Indian model. Identical 1.2 litre K-series engine has been incorporated within the model, which churns out a peak power of 85 bhp. However, when compared against Swift, the DZire gets redesigned bumpers, new front grille and a bigger boot.
Other key highlights of the model are power windows, steering wheel mounted audio controls and efficient air conditioning system. Among all of them, the auto maker has also packed a number of security advancements, which ensures complete safety of its passengers. The safety features of the model include fog lamps, airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a robust build. In order to add to the passengers’ comforts, the height of its seats can be manually adjusted to sit in a perfect posture.
- Tata Zest bags 10,000 bookings within 20 days
- Honesty prevails - Villagers from Gambhari in Puri district return over 50 stolen bikes
- Volkswagen India plans on reaching more customers with a new smartphone app
- Maruti Swift Sport planned for India?
- Buzz busted-Maruti Ciaz coming in mid-October
- Motorcycle Riders' Must-Have Devices
- Suzuki Inazuma Semi-faired Version spotted in Indonesia
- Mahindra Racing to concentrate on bike development only