Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire made in India introduced in Colombia
Suzuki Motor Corporation has introduced the second generation model of its well appreciated Swift DZire sedan in Colombia, the South American country. Reportedly, the first generation model of Swift series was only restricted to the Indian auto sector, whereas its next gen version is exploring new markets all over the world.
In 2012, the India-made Swift DZire was launched in the auto markets of Middle East, Africa and South America with the help of distributors. On the other hand, industry experts believe that the auto maker has embarked on its export plans from India in order to reduce its inventory pileup of petrol guises of Swift as the domestic buyers have developed a penchant for diesel powered models, especially in the hatchback segment.
Interestingly, the Swift DZire offered in Colombian auto market features same engine specifications as of the Indian model. Identical 1.2 litre K-series engine has been incorporated within the model, which churns out a peak power of 85 bhp. However, when compared against Swift, the DZire gets redesigned bumpers, new front grille and a bigger boot.
Other key highlights of the model are power windows, steering wheel mounted audio controls and efficient air conditioning system. Among all of them, the auto maker has also packed a number of security advancements, which ensures complete safety of its passengers. The safety features of the model include fog lamps, airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a robust build. In order to add to the passengers’ comforts, the height of its seats can be manually adjusted to sit in a perfect posture.
- Honda mulls foray in sub-4 lakh segment, develops Brio based hatchback
- Yamaha to launch 125 cc scooter during mid 2015
- Royal Enfield to organise North Reunion from 1st- 3rd August
- Polaris introduces SIingshot and extends Indian Motorcycle line
- Hero MotoCorp set to launch three more models by September
- Eagerly awaited 2015 Victory Magnum unveiled
- MSI gears up for Ciaz launch during festive season
- Fiat releases first trailer of Avventura crossover