Maruti Suzuki scores 9.2% hike in July sales despite of production constraints
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited, the country’s pioneer in the passenger vehicle segment, currently going through a rough patch owing to the unabated violence erupted in the last month, has still recorded a hike in the sales figures by 9.2 percent in July 2012. The sales exceeded to 82,234 units from 75,300 units sold in the month under review in 2011.
The domestic sales witnessed a leap by 71,024 units in July this year as compared to the sale of 66,504 units in the same month last year. Following the positive sales trajectory, even the exports saw a catapult by 27.4 percent, rising speedily from 8,796 units in July 2011 to 11,210 units in July this year.
The sales figures showcased that the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Swift Dzire have registered impressive sales volumes in the last month. The entry level sedan, Swift Dzire clocked a major sale of 11,413 units, while the sales Swift hatchback, Estilo and Ritz scored 9,099 units surging by 73 percent.
The small car segment comprising M800, Alto, WagonR and A-Star saw a huge decline of 23.7 percent with sales standing at 28,998 units. The compact sedan, Maruti Suzuki SX4 witnessed a dive in demand by 70.5 percent and the premium sedan, Kizashi managed to contribute sale of 2 units in July 2012.
Owing to the production stoppage at Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar plant, which produces around 40 percent of its Indian portfolio, the company has informed the dealers of the non availability of its flagship models, Swift and Dzire models. But the bookings of these models have not yet halted despite shortage of models.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume