Maruti Suzuki sales for June surge by 20.3 percent
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki India, the country’s leading passenger car maker, has revealed a hike of 20.3 percent in its sales for the month of June this year where the total sales stood at 96,597 units in comparison to 80,298 units sold in the concerned month last year. In the passenger car segment, the sales in the last month totalled at 70,977 units improving from 57,653 units sold in June last year marking a remarkable growth of 23.1 percent.
While the domestic sales attained by the automaker in the concerned period rose by 19.3 percent with sales stepping up from 70,020 units sold in June 2011 to 83,531 units this June, the exports showcased a growth of 27.1 percent shooting up 10,278 units to 13,066 units exported in the corresponding period.
The company has confirmed that the significant sales growth for June was lead by the sales of its entry level sedan Swift Dzire, which witnessed 452.7 percent surge from 2,486 units sold in June 2011 to 13,741 units sold in June this year.
Even the sales in the compact hatchback segment in Maruti Suzuki’s Indian portfolio such as Swift, Ritz and Estilo disclosed steady growth of 39.3 percent marking a catapult from 16,239 units to 22,624 units sold during the period under review.
Moreover, the models categorised as entry level hatchbacks such as M800, Alto, Wagon R and A-Star reported a marginal decline in sales by 10.4 percent. The sales of the mid-sized sedan, SX4 registered a dip in sales 42.8 percent while the luxury sedan, Kizashi plunged down steeply by 81.25 percent.
The utility vehicles such as Ertiga, Grand Vitara and Gypsy tallied a sale of 5,638 units and the vans, Omni and Eeco registered a sale of 6,916 units.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
it is a very good achcivmentJuly 05, 2012 by Giri
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai