Maruti Suzukiís Gurgaon plant union opposes suspension of 500 workers from Manesar
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The recent decision of sacking over 500 workers from their Manesar manufacturing plant by the country’s largest car Maruti Suzuki has been opposed by the Maruti Udyog Kamgar Union (MUKU). The company workers at Gurgaon plant are demanding the reinstatement of all of their suspended colleagues. It is to be mentioned here that the MSIL’s Manesar plant has been shutdown since last one month, following a deadly violence between management and workers.
On Thursday, the MSIL Chairman Mr. Bahrgava has said that the company is terminating 500 employees from Manesar plant as the management has lost confidence in them. He added, "We have already issued notices to 500 permanent workers at the plant. The number may increase depending upon the investigation and if there is a need to issue more notices, we will."
Speaking on the matter, MUKU general secretary Kuldeep Jhangu said, "We are opposed to the sacking of workers at the Manesar plant. This was not the right thing." While answering a query by reporters, he said, "The co-ordination committee which was formed sometime back will decide as to what we should do."
MUKU had organized a rally in Gurgaon on Thursday, which was joined by many unions of other firms in the Gurgaon Manesar belt.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume