Maruti Suzuki ramps up production at Gurgaon to meet surging demand for Ertiga
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
With the launch of the Maruti Suzuki’s new model Ertiga earlier this car, the car maker made a successful attempt in capturing a new found segment in the Indian market. The compact MPV, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been witnessing cropped up demand in the recent times owing to which, the automaker has announced production ramp up at its Gurgaon plant.
While the Manesar plant of Maruti Suzuki is yet to recover from the tyrannical labour turbulence, the production capacity at the Gurgaon plant has been elevated by a major 20 percent rolling out 400 additional units from the normal production of 2000 to 2100 units.
The company officials have revealed that the production increment of Maruti Suzuki proclaimed LUV (Life Utility Vehicle), Ertiga has been initiated since the present booking orders have piled up to the tune of 30,000 units. It is also known that the manufacturing level of the multifaceted van, Maruti Suzuki Eeco has witnessed a dual leap to 250 units per day. Moreover, the outsourcing of parts and components from its authorised vendors also has been surged to a high extent.
Since the production has been shut down at Maruti’s Manesar facility, the company has been struggling through a rough patch in catering the demand for its high selling cars such as Swift, Dzire along with SX4 and A-Star manufactured in this plant.
Despite of production constraints, the country’s largest automaker has registered a surge of 9.2 percent in sales in the month of July this year majorly driven by sale of Swift range.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Hey, kliler job on that one you guys!December 20, 2012 by Jacey
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume