Maruti Suzuki likely to introduce the CNG model of new Alto 800
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Considering hike in the prices of petrol and diesel, industry experts believe that the largest car maker of the country, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), will offer a CNG fuel option with its new Alto 800. The fuel price hike has affected the sales of several car makers and thus, MSIL is not expected to join the list.
With the passing of each day, the launch of Alto 800 is coming closer and therefore, a lot of speculations and rumours are revolving around the launch stand of the model. Believed to be a ‘People’s Car’, MSIL has pinned high expectations with its upcoming model, which will efficiently square off against the likes of Hyundai Eon and Tata Nano.
Reportedly, the introduction of a CNG model in Alto 800's line-up is quite necessary for pacing up the sales as the car maker just delivered 17,500 units in July 2012 against the 24,000 units sold in corresponding period last year. Interestingly, the sales of Alto were overtaken by Swift hatchback in April 2012 and thus, it became the highest selling model of the country for the period. Sources close to development process stated that the CNG model of Alto 800 will be around Rs. 25000 costlier than the regular model.
The car is anticipated to be a refreshed avatar of the current Alto and thus, is bound to feature some sporty advancements. Considering the technical specifications, the new generation model will be designed on the manufacturing platform of existing Alto, sharing the same 0.8 litre 3-cylinder engine, which will have a displacement of 796 cc.
Incorporation of a new model in the MSIL's arsenal will surely help the company to further consolidate its position in the small car segment of the Indian auto industry, which currently holds the most potential after compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) segment. However, it will be interesting to see that whether new Alto 800 will able to cash on the legacy of company's legendary Maruti 800 model.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai