Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Renault Duster 4X4 variant coming this festive season
- Mahindra sells 1 lakh units of XUV 500 in less than three years
- KTM RC 390 spotted undergoing road test, launch expected soon
- 2016 Toyota Innova: What to Expect
- Volkswagen moves closer to Toyota to become the new Global Auto Leader
- Post launch Maruti Suzuki S-Cross may prove to be strong competitor against Toyota's Etios Cross
- Maruti Suzuki announces 'Monsoon Fit Check' camp across India
- Honda mulls foray in sub-4 lakh segment, develops Brio based hatchback