Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Activa brand registers tremendous sales for Honda
- Honda Activa - the best selling two wheeler in March 2015
- Maruti Suzuki India records over 26 per cent YOY increase in April
- Yamaha set to launch Nozza Grande 125 in May 7
- Royal Enfield Himalayan caught testing again, could be launched soon
- Indian Chief Dark Horse and Roadmaster set to be unveiled on May 7th
- Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS might launch in 2015
- Audi introduces a new showroom in Madurai