Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Tata Zest bags 10,000 bookings within 20 days
- Honesty prevails - Villagers from Gambhari in Puri district return over 50 stolen bikes
- Volkswagen India plans on reaching more customers with a new smartphone app
- Maruti Swift Sport planned for India?
- Buzz busted-Maruti Ciaz coming in mid-October
- Motorcycle Riders' Must-Have Devices
- Suzuki Inazuma Semi-faired Version spotted in Indonesia
- Mahindra Racing to concentrate on bike development only