Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Mahindra sells 6060 units of new Scorpio in first five days after launch
- Honda Amaze and Brio gets mild updates, price remain unchanged
- Maruti Alto K10 facelift-more detail revealed
- KTM's E-Speed put on hold; a solid makeover might be underway
- India gets its first all women bike-borne commando team: The "Jaanbaaz"!
- Honda sets high hopes with its Gujarat facility
- Hero MotoCorp to invest over Rs. 5000 Crores for its plants in India and abroad
- Bajaj launches a new version of Discover 125