Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Honda Mobilio expected to recreate Indonesia's success magic in India
- 2014 Honda CB Shine gets two new colors, launched at Rs. 51,383
- BMW i8 plug - in hybrid supercar coming by year end
- Maruti Ciaz coming this festive season
- DSK Hyosung planning to double its sales this festive season
- Salman Khan starrer 'Kick' to feature Suzuki motorcycles
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS - Reasons why it is popular among youth
- Toyota Etios Cross - What's special about it?