Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Hyundai Motors reports 9.7% growth in domestic car sales in India
- Geneva Motor Show 2015 - Top 3 cars that stole the limelight at the event
- Fiat Panda 4x4 arrives in India for testing purpose
- Renault XBA 800cc small car launch likely by year end
- BMW denies engaging in talks with Apple for a new car development
- 2015 Renault Pulse launched for Rs. 5.03 Lakhs, feature loaded hatchback in India
- Royal Enfield Continental GT now available in new black colour trim
- Goodyear collaborates with Plan India to support their Early Childhood Care Development Centres