Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will get a rival from Toyota in coming years
Toyota Kirloskar Motors, The Indian unit of the leading Japanese car maker Toyota Motors is planning to launch new Multi Purpose Vehicle in the Indian market in competition with the Maruti’s recently introduced Ertiga.
The company already has a very successful crossover Innova in its India portfolio, which has been receiving an overwhelming response from the buyers since its debut. But now with the launch of new Ertiga in the subcompact MPV segment with a considerably lesser price tag, Innova is facing a stiff competition.
The new Toyota subcompact MPV is likely to be launched in the price segment of Rs 6 to 8 lakh, where it will be competing against Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra Quanto and Premier Rio.
However, the company hasn’t made any statement regarding the launch of a new subcompact MPV. Globally, Toyota is looking forward to launch 8 new car models from the Etios platform, a few of which definitely will be added in the company’s India portfolio, as all of these models are aimed at emerging markets.
- Mahindra Scorpio AT launch expected in 2015
- Maruti Alto K10 facelift gets exquisite microsite
- Why is Hyundai the Second Largest Car Maker in India ?
- Things to expect from the New Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
- The Emerging Trend of Crossovers - CUV
- Porsche set to launch the Panamera Exclusive Series
- Maruti Suzuki India bagged the top rank in Customer Satisfaction Ranking List
- Tata Safari Storme facelift coming in early 2015