Maruti Suzuki Declares Results of AutoCar Young Driver's Contest 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki has announced the results of Maruti Suzuki AutoCar Young Driver Contest 2012. The contest has been won by Sudeep Ranjan Mishra of Kolkata. The first runners-up position went to Visakh Susan Vincent from Kochi while another youngster from Kolkata, Mudit Agarwal grabbed the second runners-up position. Srushty Parsana from Mumbai emerged as the best female driver. Maruti Suzuki awarded a brand new A-Star to the winner, Sudeep Ranjan Mishra, and declared him as the new brand ambassador for Maruti's safe driving campaign.
This nationwide competition hunts for the country's safest young driver who adheres to the highest safety parameters in driving among youngsters. This is the fourth season of the popular contest organised by the Indian automobile giant. It is over a decade now that the brand has been making sincere efforts to instil rules of road safety and safe driving habits among the youth of the nation.
Around 21,000 youngsters from over 65 cities of India participated in the contest marking it as the largest ever participation in the contest since its beginning in 2009. The participants were tested on their knowledge of traffic rules, road safety awareness and their real world driving skills. All individuals within the age group of 18-30 years holding a genuine driving licence were allowed to take part in this contest.
This young driver competition was held in three different phases. The first phase included registration for the online theory test which was designed to test the awareness of traffic rules, knowledge of own vehicle and road safety. Out of 21000 registrations in the first phase , 2000 reached the second phase wherein driving skills and knowledge of the contestants was tested. This was a practical test that was held across 65 cities at 110 Maruti Driving Schools. Only 20 individuals were selected for the final round in which, they underwent a practical driving test wherein they were marked on different standards. This final test took place at Institute of Driving Training & Research (IDTR), Sarai Kale Khan, New Delhi where they were rated on various driving parameters and their control over the vehicle.
Other campaigns by Maruti Suzuki such as IDTRs and Maruti Driving Schools are parts of the company's endeavour to make people aware about road safety. The automobile brand believes in promoting importance of safe driving among youngsters as it will bring a change in the present chaotic situation of the Indian roads and will reduce the rising number of accidents. With this aim, Maruti Suzuki had initiated this young driver contest to engage country's youngsters in an exciting and awarding contest, while simultaneously judging their driving skills. Maruti Suzuki AutoCar Young Driver Contest has gained immense popularity throughout the nation and has been quite successful in spreading the message of safe driving among the young masses of India.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume