Maruti losing Rs 90 crore per day due to Manesar plant lockout: Assocham
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The industry body Assocham has claimed on Wednesday that the ongoing lock-out at the country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar plant is costing the form over Rs 90 crore per day. According to them, the lock-out has put many ancillaries in the Manesar-Gurgaon - Daruhera belt on the verge of closer with affecting as many as 650 units.
Speaking on the matter, Assocham Secretary General D S Rawat said, "There are very significant direct employment and production losses arising out of the lockout." He added, "As orders have been down drastically, firms are curtailing output as Maruti is the biggest customer for all component makers of the Gurgaon-Manesar industrial belt."
It is to be mentioned here that the state of Haryana accounts for Rs 457,490 crore investments out of a total of Rs 13,959,539 crore announced in India, as per data released by Assocham.
Maruti Suzuki had locked-out the Manesar plant following a deadly violence at the Manesar facility which had caused death of their HR manager with leaving injured over 100 people.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume