Maruti likely to restart production at Mansar from next week
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki, which has locked-out their Manesar manufacturing plant following a deadly violence about three weeks back, is likely to resume the production from next week. As per the statement’s given by a few company executives, the two locked-out plants in Manesar will soon be restarted in the phased manner, as per a recent story broken out by ET NOW.
It is to be mentioned here that the last weeks violence had left 1 HR manager of the company dead and about 96 others injured. Since then, the company has been maintaining that the production will be resumed only after restoring safety at the Manesar plant.
"There is no extensive damage to any of the critical facilities like the press shop or the assembly lines. The plant is capable of producing cars with some changes needed in the plant machinery that could be gradually done as the production increases and stablises," as per a statement given by a person to ET, on condition of anonymity.
With a capacity to produce 5 lakh cars per annum, the Manesar plant has lost the production of about 27,000 cars in the shutdown of last 19 days. It has caused an estimated production loss of around 1400 crore to the company, so far.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai
- The success stories scripted by Ertiga and Swift in India