Maruti Alto will compete against Renaultís small car in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The French car maker Renault is all set to mark their debut in the high growth potential small car segment in the Indian market very soon. The company is developing a new compact car which will be competing with the likes of Maruti Alto, Chevrolet Spark and Hyundai EON. The segment accounts for about 40 to 45 percent sales of the Indian car market.
The new Renault small car, which has been codenamed as "A Entry", will be powered by an 800 CC engine and is expected to come with a high fuel economy figure. As per the recent media reports, the company is developing a new small engine, which is codenamed as B4A, which is expected to be deliver a fuel economy of up to 20 km per liter.
The small car will be developed under the leadership of Company’s low cost car specialist, Mr. Gerard Detourbet. It will be positioned below the premium hatchback Pulse in Renault India’s portfolio, in the price range of sub Rs 3 lakh.
Renault India had marked their re entry in the Indian market last year and have 4 car models in their portfolio including hatchback Pulse, compact SUV Duster, premium sedan Fluence and luxury SUV Koleos.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume