Mahindra to launch Mini Xylo with nomenclature Quanto in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Intensifying the rage for utility vehicles is the next offering from Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., christened as Mahindra Quanto, earlier called as the Mini Xylo.
With trimmed exteriors, the slimmer version of Mahindra Xylo is highly benefited with the curtailed taxes of 12 percent intended to be levied on vehicles less than 4 metres. The new Mahindra Quanto boasts attractive and sturdy exteriors and is designed aptly for the Indian buyers. While the tail lamps and spare wheel cover is shared with the muscular off-roader Mahindra Bolero, the grille and slab sides have been borrowed from its elder sibling, Mahindra Xylo.
The designing aesthetics of Mahindra Quanto is highly based on Mahindra Xylo in terms of fabrication of similar dashboard, construction of ladder-frame and similar suspension components apart from an amended rendition of the existing mHawk diesel engine. It is estimated that the country’s largest utility maker will be rolling out the Quanto in five and seven-seater options gauging it as a modern preference of modern Indian buyers.
Mahindra Quanto will prove a spacious vehicle on the inside as the third row seats can be conveniently folded to enhance the cargo space. As far as safety is concerned, the high-end variant of the vehicle is loaded with features such as Bluetooth, ABS, six-spoke alloy wheels, steering mounted controls, airbags, reverse parking assist, lumbar support and adjustable driver seats.
Since the market for utility vehicles have witnessed a catapult in the country, the new Mahindra Quanto is expected to be aggressively priced at around Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 5.5 lakh marking its launch during the festive season this year.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
engine's co. , when the date of booking starts and date of launch in marketAugust 24, 2012 by Myk
more variants make the customer to choose one.competition makes better qualityAugust 24, 2012 by Venkatesan
I am not sure about mini xylo priceAugust 24, 2012 by Hari
Nice Pricing strategy to deal with Nissan Evalia.If Nissan Evalia also hits the same price range... Goodbye Xylo :)August 24, 2012 by David
I hearing this for the past 2 years, but I don't see in action. I am not sure how much this news is reliable.August 23, 2012 by Saravanan
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mahindra XUV500 to get a new base variant soon in India
- Electric technology in e20 to help Mahindra build larger electric vehicle
- Mahindra to modify its SUVs to avoid additional 3 per cent excise duty
- Mahindra Xylo H-series launched at Rs. 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- New models of Mahindra Pantero launched in India, base starts from Rs. 39,650
- Mahindra confident about growth in its pick-up business during 2014 fiscal
- Mahindra replaces Bajaj Auto as India’s second most valuable auto maker
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck Plus pick-up launched at Rs. 4.33 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Mahindra mulling at reducing ground clearance on SUVs in India
- Hunger strike enters fifth day at Mahindra’s Nashik plant
- Mahindra to unveil new Bolero Maxi Truck Plus on May 6
- Mahindra feels let down with government’s refusal to reconsider additional excise on SUVs