Mahindra Quanto’s bang on launch at starting price of Rs. 5.82 lakhs, exports to begin by 2013
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The excitement quotient has doubled with the onset of the festive season with the launch of the robust and rugged mini SUV, Quanto sculpted by the country’s home grown auto major, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. With a price tag of Rs. 5.82 lakhs and a youthful slogan ‘Live the Weekend Life’, the new compact SUV, Mahindra Quanto is aptly designed for the prospective sedan or hatchback buyers.
The country’s largest utility vehicle maker has draped the Quanto’s front fascia similar to Xylo. Built on the Mahindra Xylo’ Ingenio platform, the sturdy and futuristic Quanto comfortably accommodates seating for 5+2 allowing rear seats to be folded for increased luggage arena.
With a powerful 1.5L three cylinder mHawk diesel engine at heart, the engine outpours a peak power of 100 bhp with 240 Nm of peak torque aptly mated with five speed manual gearbox. Mahindra Quanto offers a class leading mileage of 17.21 kmpl.
Mahindra has rolled out the mini SUV in four vibrant variants, C2 (base), C4, C6 and C8 (top) ranging from Rs. 5.82 lakhs to Rs 7.36 lakhs (Ex showroom Thane). ABS and airbags for the driver and the co-passenger have been furnished in the top end model only while other safety attributes include reverse park assist, digital immobilizer, child lock, rear wiper and fog lamps.
With overhead glove compartment, central locking, driver's seat height adjustment, music system and power steering, the compact SUV offers ample comfort features. While immediate contenders of Mahindra Quanto in India are Maruti Ertiga and Renault Duster, Maruti Swift Dzire also emerges as a distinct rival.
The all rounder SUV is currently available only in India with exports to global markets of Europe, South Africa and Chile will commence in 2013.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Its good economy vehicle ! who are having an experience of driving wagnor R, they may like it definately. As there is a leg space and luggage carrier for convient to carry belongs ; its best choose !September 21, 2012 by B SRINIVASA RAO
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mahindra XUV500 to get a new base variant soon in India
- Electric technology in e20 to help Mahindra build larger electric vehicle
- Mahindra to modify its SUVs to avoid additional 3 per cent excise duty
- Mahindra Xylo H-series launched at Rs. 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- New models of Mahindra Pantero launched in India, base starts from Rs. 39,650
- Mahindra confident about growth in its pick-up business during 2014 fiscal
- Mahindra replaces Bajaj Auto as India’s second most valuable auto maker
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck Plus pick-up launched at Rs. 4.33 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Mahindra mulling at reducing ground clearance on SUVs in India
- Hunger strike enters fifth day at Mahindra’s Nashik plant
- Mahindra to unveil new Bolero Maxi Truck Plus on May 6
- Mahindra feels let down with government’s refusal to reconsider additional excise on SUVs