Mahindra owned SsangYong Motor Co. opens a new Design Centre in South Korea
SsangYong Motor Company, a multinational South Korean auto major and a subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) Limited, has opened the door of its new Design Centre at its Pyeongtaek manufacturing unit. The new Design Centre is located in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea where the company has its world class Research and Development (R&D) centre. Reportedly, the construction of new SsangYong facility was started in October 2011 and has been under construction for more than a year. Almost all remaining works have been finalised and completed; besides the Design Centre could start operations any time now.
Expressing his views on the company's newly opened Design Centre, Lee Yoo-il, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), SsangYong Motor Company, was quoted as saying, “The value of design is to deliver the company's brand message to customers and create a distinct brand identity," adding, "SsangYong's new Design Centre will take a lead role in reflecting various customer needs and design trends in SsangYong vehicles.”
The new SsangYong Design Centre is believed to be focusing on modern R&D based solutions along with developing new designs and automobile engineering conventions. The unit is believed to prove decisive in the development of SsangYong's future products including the likes of XIV series.
SsangYong's Pyeongtaek based Design Centre occupies a huge space of 93,320 square feet and consist of three levels – a ground floor along with an underground centre where the company's immensely skilled designers will be working. The unit is also incorporated with a design sample room, modelling room, colour lab and an evaluation room for displaying brand new products of the South Korean auto major. Further, the evaluation room will also be equipped with a Virtual Reality system (in total high resolution), which will ensure that SsangYong's upcoming vehicles meet the highest level of quality and standards along with an inimitable design language.
- Hyundai Verna facelift launch likely in early 2015
- Fiat Avventura ropes in 500 bookings
- Shah Rukh Khan - Bollywood's superstar buys a Rs. 10 Crore bombproof Mercedes Benz
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - One of the most anticipated vehicle for this festive season
- Hyundai Motors plan to use India as a base for car exports
- Hyundai Elite i20 Crossover spotted undergoing road tests in India
- Selling defective Tata Manza costs 7.5 Lakh penalty to dealer and company
- Car sales dip, whereas Motorbike sales rise during Dhanteras this year