Mahindra missions to manufacture 2,500 units of Quanto SUV in October
With the launch of the much awaited mini SUV Quanto, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, the country’s pioneer in utility vehicle production is touching new heights with hitting the mass segment consisting of prospective sedan and hatchback buyers.
The utility vehicle leader owns a combined manufacturing capacity of 7,000 units in a month for its highly popular MUV, Mahindra Xylo and its baby version, Mahindra Quanto. Production units will be rolled out from its Nashik facility.
Mr. Pravin Shah, Chief Executive Officer (Automotive Division), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., was quoted as saying, "For October, our production plan is 2,500 units of Quanto. After selling these vehicles, we hope to get more demand for the vehicle."
He further added, "Currently, we are producing around 2,500 units of Xylo. Rest we can use for Quanto... We will not have much problem in ramping up the capacity of Quanto as many of the parts are common with Xylo."
While Mahindra Quanto has been launched with a price tag of Rs. Rs 5.99 lakh to Rs 7.57 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the automaker is strategising to streamline the exports initially to the neighbouring countries of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. This will be followed by exports to South Africa in the next quarter and later to Latin America and Europe as well.
The automaker is hitting the mark right by introducing Quanto in the sub 4 metre category benefitting from the imposition of less taxes making it economically production viable as also price competitive.
The company officials are highly confident that the recent hike in diesel price will have no impact on the sale of the newly launched Mahindra Quanto mini SUV as the easing interest rates will offset the negative effect.
- New-generation BMW 7-Series likely to be unveiled in Frankfurt
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 S-Cross launch likely by end of January, 2015
- Audi plans on launching 10 new model in India in 2015
- New Infotainment system from Hyundai shall be showcased at Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
- Mumbai Traffic cops organize 'Ride for Safety' rally on 21st December, 2014
- New Honda Jazz launch expected in March-April
- New generation Audi Q7 promotional video released
- Tata Motors witnesses rise in vehicle demand for defense sector