Mahindra missions to manufacture 2,500 units of Quanto SUV in October
With the launch of the much awaited mini SUV Quanto, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, the country’s pioneer in utility vehicle production is touching new heights with hitting the mass segment consisting of prospective sedan and hatchback buyers.
The utility vehicle leader owns a combined manufacturing capacity of 7,000 units in a month for its highly popular MUV, Mahindra Xylo and its baby version, Mahindra Quanto. Production units will be rolled out from its Nashik facility.
Mr. Pravin Shah, Chief Executive Officer (Automotive Division), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., was quoted as saying, "For October, our production plan is 2,500 units of Quanto. After selling these vehicles, we hope to get more demand for the vehicle."
He further added, "Currently, we are producing around 2,500 units of Xylo. Rest we can use for Quanto... We will not have much problem in ramping up the capacity of Quanto as many of the parts are common with Xylo."
While Mahindra Quanto has been launched with a price tag of Rs. Rs 5.99 lakh to Rs 7.57 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the automaker is strategising to streamline the exports initially to the neighbouring countries of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. This will be followed by exports to South Africa in the next quarter and later to Latin America and Europe as well.
The automaker is hitting the mark right by introducing Quanto in the sub 4 metre category benefitting from the imposition of less taxes making it economically production viable as also price competitive.
The company officials are highly confident that the recent hike in diesel price will have no impact on the sale of the newly launched Mahindra Quanto mini SUV as the easing interest rates will offset the negative effect.
- Maruti Suzuki readying a sub-4 metre MUV to rival Datsun Go+
- New Honda Unicorn 160 likely to be offered at Rs. 63,695
- F1 Transporter truck creates a new record as it jumps over moving Lotus F1 car
- Hyundai Motor India reinforces 'customer first' approach with its first corporate campaign in India
- 2015 Fiat 500X claims the spotlight at the recently held LA Auto Show
- Toyota India dealer justifies failure for airbag deployment stating 'Driver didn't collide properly'
- 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 India launch soon
- Kawasaki is all set to launch Versys 1000 as the bikes reach showrooms