Mahindra & Mahindra passenger vehicle sales surged 23% in June’12
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mahindra & Mahindra, the largest utility vehicle maker in the Indian market, has registered a sales surge of 23% in the month of June over the same month previous year. Backed by the strong demand in the rural sector, the total passenger segment sales of M&M stood at 19,792 units during this month.
Exports of the company surged at even higher rate of 31 percent. The company managed to export a total of 2,371 units of passenger vehicle as compared to 1,812 unitsdispatched to the overseas market in the same month last year.
Speaking on the company’s performance during this month, Mr. Pravin Shah, M&M chief executive (automotive division), said, "We expect demand for utility vehicles to remain strong this year too."He added, "We expect stable policies for theauto industry, including fuel prices, in order to create an overall positive sentiment in the market."
The current portfolio of the M&M in the Indian market includes a range of popular Sports Utility Vehicles including Mahindra Scorpio, Bolero, Xylo and XUV 500. Moreover, the company also has an entry level sedan Verito in its passenger segment portfolio.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mahindra Verito Vibe to begin new chapter for the utility vehicle maker in India
- Mahindra to launch new Verito Vibe hatch on June 5
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mahindra XUV500 to get a new base variant soon in India
- Electric technology in e20 to help Mahindra build larger electric vehicle
- Mahindra to modify its SUVs to avoid additional 3 per cent excise duty
- Mahindra Xylo H-series launched at Rs. 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- New models of Mahindra Pantero launched in India, base starts from Rs. 39,650
- Mahindra confident about growth in its pick-up business during 2014 fiscal
- Mahindra replaces Bajaj Auto as India’s second most valuable auto maker
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck Plus pick-up launched at Rs. 4.33 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)