Mahi Racing Team to set up racing academies in Delhi and South India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mahi Racing Team India, founded by Indian Cricket team captain, Mahindra Singh Dhoni is planning to launch motorbike racing academies in Delhi and South India. Though Delhi has been finalised the location for racing academy in North India, the location for the one to be opened in South India is yet to be finalised. The plan to launch the racing academies has already been announced by Dhoni and the same has been confirmed by the co-owners of the team.
Talking to reporters, Mahi Racing Team Co-owners, Telugu film actor Akkineni Nagarjuna and Nandish Domlur said, "Dhoni has already announced plans to start racing schools. Once the 2013 race season is over we plan to set up racing academies in Delhi and also one in South India."
The Mahi Racing Team eyes to win the 2013 season of World Superbike Championship and will, therefore, be heading for Philips Islands in Australia for the 2013 season. The superbike team owned by Dhoni has several experienced bikers, including three time world champion Kenan Sofouglu and the former world champion Fabien Foret. These bikers will be seen riding Ninja ZX-6R bikes from Kawasaki, which is the official factory team.
"We will be a strong and competitive force in World Superbike championship and will be the team to watch the next season," Domlur said.
The racing academies to be opened by the Indian skipper will impart training to riders to participate on a global network, apart from promoting the sport in the country. The owners hope to have Indian riders in the Mahi Racing Team India in the next few years.
"We are keen to groom Indian bikers and provide them a good platform to perform at the global level," Nagarjuna said.
"Our endeavour is to promote this sport in India and identify the talent and look forward to have Indian riders in the next 3-5 years."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles
- Fast & Furious 6 cars to set pulses racing on May on 24, 2013