Magnificently designed Jaguar 5000 cc XKR Special Edition launched in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Jaguar recently launched its new XKR Special Edition models in India. The car is available at an ex-showroom, Mumbai price of Rs. 1.27 crore. The XKR, which will be available in both coupe and convertible forms, has undergone significant modifications over the XK inside the car as well as on the exterior framework.
The new hand-crafted 'Artisan' interiors make use of tactile 'scraffito' finished leather on the front seats, as well as on the instrument binnacle and door and rear quarter casings. This is accompanied by Poltrona Frau® leather headlinings and a shadow walnut coating. There are other regular add-ons like a 525W Bowers & Wilkins sound system and 16 by 16 way adjustable heated Performance Seats.
The special edition of the XK range has an exterior paint palette in celestial black. 20-inch Orona alloy wheel has a polished finish to render the car an artistic feel. Apart from that, keyless entry and start controls and heated steering wheel ensure that the driver has a hassle-free experience. Stainless steel pedals and fancy treadplates give the car a trendy feel.
All this has been complimented by the work of Jaguar's design team presided over by Director of Design, Ian Callum. The artisan interiors have been given an elegant look with the choice of two colours, navy with jet headlining and truffle with canvas headlining. Hood for the convertible is available in black, blue, grey and brown colours. Apart from celestial black, other colours available for the exterior are crystal blue, lunar grey, polaris white, rhodium silver and ultimate black.
Like all Jaguar cars, the use of aluminium on the car's body is impeccable. Riveted and bonded aluminium monocoque construction has been used in the XKR too which makes the physical body of the car very safe to drive in. The car is extremely light with this built and yet extremely rigid. As is common in all models, there is variable adaptive damping. Couple that with a 5.0-litre direct-injection V8 petrol engine, what beholds is a magnificently damped, yet so controlled ride. The handling is explicit and overall performance of the car is unmatched.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Jaguar Land Rover witness high sales growth globally in April 2013
- Jaguar Land Rover opens new engineering research centre in UAE
- Jaguar F-Type sports car set for its Indian launch this July
- Jaguar Land Rover records impressive Evoque sales in India
- Jaguar F-type wins the coveted ‘2013 World Car Design Of The Year’ award
- Jaguar Land Rover India launches a new model of Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 in India
- Jaguar Land Rover to introduce four new models in India
- Jaguar launches XF 2.2 Diesel in Chennai at Rs. 45.7 lakhs
- JLR January sales surged by 32 per cent
- Jaguar Land Rover to raise more than Rs. 2,100 crore through funding
- Jaguar Land Rover India introduces locally built XF model at Rs. 44.5 lakhs
- Prince Charles to embark on a visit to Jaguar Land Rover plant in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover declares its record worldwide sales
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover planning to offer 800 new jobs at its UK plant