M&M looks set to entice Indian buyers with the upcoming Quanto compact SUV
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian car enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting the launch of Mahindra Quanto compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) on September 20, 2012, which is reported to carry a price tag around Rs. 5-6 lacs in the domestic market.
The yet-to-be launched Quanto will be Mahindra's first product in the sub-4 metre length segment and has set the market buzzing with speculations, since its pictures surfaced on the internet. The car upon arrival will fight against the likes of Renault Duster and Premier Rio for market dominance in the compact SUV segment. The sub-4 metre length will give the Quanto benefit of being free from excise duties levied on the bigger vehicles.
Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M), the country's leading UV maker, has developed the Quanto compact SUV on the same Ingenio platform that was used in Xylo Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) and given the tremendous success of Xylo the upcoming car is expected to be a crowd puller as well.
Reportedly, the upcoming Quanto has been designed specifically for Indian audience and the Ingenio platform has earned great profits for M&M with the Xylo MPV. The design and engineering devoted to Quanto has been very meticulously developed by the Indian UV maker and was finalised after evaluating a lot of consumer feedback. Besides, the company's Research and Development (R&D) team made sure that the upcoming Quanto has all the basic trimmings of a genuine product in the segment. Every development stage was carefully planned and customer insights were given top-most priority in the final implementation.
Despite its small size, the Quanto is expected to deliver great performance from under its hood. With the upcoming compact SUV, M&M is expected to follow its trend of producing robust and durable vehicles designed to suit Indian requirements. Further, the extremely well devised exterior proportions of Quanto will give it an unprecedented merit over its counterparts, such as stereotypical hatchbacks and compact sedans.
The upcoming Quanto has all the trimmings of a big crowd puller and is expected to fuel the fortunes of the company. Further, considering the current tide towards UVs in the Indian car market due to subsidised fuel and its subtle pricing, the car ticks every point in the merit box.
The yet-to-be launched Quanto is expected to lure away the customers of entry-level sedan and premium hatchback buyers. Industry experts have termed the car as a perfect solution for the urban buyers who enjoy an adventurous lifestyle and look forward to indulge in a thrill-filled driving experience.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mahindra XUV500 to get a new base variant soon in India
- Electric technology in e20 to help Mahindra build larger electric vehicle
- Mahindra to modify its SUVs to avoid additional 3 per cent excise duty
- Mahindra Xylo H-series launched at Rs. 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- New models of Mahindra Pantero launched in India, base starts from Rs. 39,650
- Mahindra confident about growth in its pick-up business during 2014 fiscal
- Mahindra replaces Bajaj Auto as India’s second most valuable auto maker
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck Plus pick-up launched at Rs. 4.33 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Mahindra mulling at reducing ground clearance on SUVs in India
- Hunger strike enters fifth day at Mahindra’s Nashik plant
- Mahindra to unveil new Bolero Maxi Truck Plus on May 6
- Mahindra feels let down with government’s refusal to reconsider additional excise on SUVs