Jodhpur Full Throttle concludes in the right spirit
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Tata Motors, counted among the pioneers of Indian adventure motorsports, has successfully concluded the Jodhpur edition of its extreme off-roading half day event, Tata Motors Full Throttle Experience, on August 12, 2012. Full Throttle Trails reflect an undertaking of the auto maker to provide Tata Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) owners a change from their regular day-to-day schedule and endow them with a unique thrilling experience of extreme off-roading regions in their favourite Tata SUVs. The event has three similar highly successful multi-city editions in Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Delhi under its belt.
The Jodhpur edition was kicked off at 10 am from the Hotel Lake View and Resort, following with the participation of over 25 Tata Motors SUV owners. Attendants of the event drove through the outer border of the city and were later joined to the Jaisalmer highway. The SUV owners consummated the opportunity and made Jodhpur Full Throttle Trails a huge success. Full Throttle Trail event featured several prominent 4x4 and 4x2 chassis SUVs from the Indian portfolio of Tata Motors, including Safari, Xenon XT, Sumo and the Tata Aria, exaggerating auto major's superiority in the Indian SUV segment. The Jodhpur trail also attracted a lot of off-roading adventure seekers from nearby places of Jodhpur, especially Ludhiana.
Expressing his delight at the successful conclusion of Jodhpur Trail, Jatin Lakra, Head Marketing (Sumo and Sumo Grande) of Tata Motors, quoted, “We are delighted with the enthusiasm and participation of Tata Motors customers from in and around Jodhpur, at this off-roading event. The activity not only demonstrated the capability of Tata Motors vehicles, but also enhanced the experience received by each one of our customers, with most of them going off-road in their vehicles, for the very first time. The track was customised with variations in terms of the surface, and also the experience and expectations levels of participants, ensuring they made the most out of their vehicles.”
He further added, “Tata Motors through its motorsports division, Tata Motors Full Throttle, hopes to create and cultivate motorsports in India, by giving enthusiast a platform to experience the true capabilities of their vehicles, to learn, discuss and experience the thrill of motorsports.”
Jodhpur trail happened to be an exciting prospect, in terms of adventurous off-roading driving. The off-road trail route was based near Keru Village, mainly on the Jodhpur bypass and encompassed sand dunes, barren lands, river passage, sharp rocky inclines and many other difficult terrains. Apart from the extreme manoeuvre requiring track and the challenging rough terrains, the real thing that propelled the thrill quotient of the event was that that the participants were required to complete the track within a fixed tenure to certify as finishers.
Tata Motors Full Throttle Trails has more than 21 trails, planned to be organised at different locations of the country. With Full Throttle Trails, Tata Motor aspires to engage its patrons and provide them a first-hand opportunity, witnessing a unique off-roading experience well within their city limits; however interest and participation is anticipated from other centres as well. The terrain and track are designed while keeping in mind the off-road driving skill levels of professional drivers and amateur, who are capable of driving both – all wheel and front wheel drive chassis models.
The first expedition called 'Himalayan Experience' ended on July 2, 2012 and the next expedition is to be called as 'Konkan Experience', which has been slated to commence from Mumbai on September 28, 2012. The upcoming event will feature an entirely new off-roading pleasure, passing through the Western Coast and the Western Ghats, for the thrill junkies. Cougar Motorsports is the official partner of Tata Motors for planning and execution of Tata Motors Full Throttle Trails.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India