Japanese Isuzu Motors plans India debut with establishing a 1,000 crore plant
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Japanese auto giant Isuzu Motors Limited is planning to mark their debut in the Indian market soon. The company will be introducing their vehicles in the Multi Utility and commercial vehicle segment, where it will be competing with the leading Indian vehicle makers like Tata Motors and Mahindra & Mahindra. The company has believed to have planned-up an investment of 1,000 crore to set-up a Greenfield facility in India.
As per the recent media reports, a group of company persoonnel had recently met with the state government officials of the Andhra Pradesh. The company officials will also be meeting-up with the government officials of the states of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, to decide upon the final location of their upcoming plant. The facility is expected to come-up by year 2014-15, where the company will be having an initial capacity of 1 to 1.2 lakh units.
While confirming the same, Andhra Pradesh state government principal secretary (Industries), Mr. K Pradeep Chandra, said to a leading media group, "Isuzu have shown some interest for setting up one of their units here. They have huge range of products starting from cars to LCVs all the way to pick-up trucks and heavy trucks. We don't yet know which specific model they are looking at manufacturing here."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
ISUZU is Globally a King of Diesel and petrol Engines Welcome to India.July 18, 2012 by John.M.Dsouza
- Isuzu selling vehicles quietly in South India
- Bookings start for Isuzu MU-7 and D-Max models in India at Rs. 50,000
- Isuzu Motors planning to invest Rs. 1,500 crore in Andra Pradesh
- Isuzu Motors eyeing South India to establish a new plant
- Isuzu MU7 and D-Max models arrive on Indian turf, set to stir a new competition
- Japan's Isuzu to launch pick-up trucks and SUV in India
- Isuzu Motors planning big for the Indian auto market
- Isuzu could be coming to India with an SUV in 2013
- Isuzu Motors to establish manufacturing unit in India; Tata, Mahindra major competitors
- Japanese Isuzu Motors plans India debut with establishing a 1,000 crore plant