Jaguar Land Rovers Halewood plant to function 24hrs to meet surging demand for Evoque
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
In a bid to capitalise on the racing demand for its highly successful model, Range Rover Evoque, the British automaker Jaguar Land Rover has announced 24hrs working at its production facility at Halewood in U.K. Range Rover Evoque, a compact SUV has cemented a strong stance in the global markets owing to the design aesthetics that blends luxurious appeal and off road driving capabilities with compact city friendly exteriors.
The Tata Motors’ owned company mentioned in a statement that it is for the first time in the automaker’s history of 50 years that the workforce at the JLR’s Halewood plant will work round the clock to cater to speedily surging demand for the compact SUV, Range Rover Evoque.
Mr. Richard Else, Operations Director, JLR Halewood facility, was quoted as saying, "Moving production to three shifts and working 24 hours a day will allow us to significantly reduce the time a customer has to wait for their new Range Rover Evoque."
In the past three years, the company says that the manpower has showcased three times growth and for this new initiative, Jaguar Land Rover had hired 1,000 new production supervisors, engineers and operators taking the tally of workers to about 4,500 on site.
Since the inception of Range Rover Evoque in July last year, the company has sold over 88,000 models in around 170 overseas markets with a major chunk of sales contributed by China.
The ramped up workforce working round the clock at the automaker’s Halewood plant will ensure steep rise in the production of Range Rover Evoque along with extending support for the launch of the much awaited upgraded version of Land Rover Freelander.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Please put a FB share option !!!September 05, 2012 by Kamesh
- Jaguar Land Rover witness high sales growth globally in April 2013
- Jaguar Land Rover opens new engineering research centre in UAE
- Indian arm of Land Rover celebrates 65th Anniversary
- Jaguar Land Rover records impressive Evoque sales in India
- Jaguar Land Rover India launches a new model of Range Rover
- New Range Rover Sport to globally debut on March 26
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 in India
- Range Rover Evoque features world’s first 9-speed automatic gearbox
- Jaguar Land Rover to introduce four new models in India
- Jaguar Land Rover to raise more than Rs. 2,100 crore through funding
- Jaguar Land Rover India introduces locally built XF model at Rs. 44.5 lakhs
- Prince Charles to embark on a visit to Jaguar Land Rover plant in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover declares its record worldwide sales
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover planning to offer 800 new jobs at its UK plant
- Land Rover to entice Indian audience with its 2013 Freelander 2 SUV in 2013