Jaguar Land Rover to roll out series of high performance sports cars within next two years
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Jaguar Land Rover, the British multinational automotive company owned by Tata Motors has announced the launch of series of new power packed and fuel efficient sports cars within the next two years.
At the Annual Report for 2011-12 release, Tata Group Chairman, Mr. Ratan Tata confirmed that Jaguar Land Rover is currently developing high-powered fuel efficient engines in a bid to capture the boosting demand for sports car globally.
Mr. Tata was quoted as saying about these new developments, "The company has undertaken its most ambitious product development programme in its history and will be launching several new sports sedans and sports cars in the next two years in order to provide dealers with a more competitive and wider product range."
He further affirmed that facelifts and new versions of its flagship luxury SUV, Range Rover along with an aggressively priced new line of rugged and lifestyle vehicles will be soon rolled out from the Land Rover stable. Jaguar Land Rover had recently announced to launch 40 new models within 4 to 5 years to come.
However, details pertaining to the number of new launches to be badged under the Jaguar and Land Rover marque have not been disclosed by the automotive conglomerate.
Globally, China has emerged as one of the largest markets for the JLR brand with soaring demand for luxury vehicles owing to which the automaker is seeking to set up new production plants in the country. At present, the company is infusing 355 million pounds in an engine plant in Britain, while deliberations are on to set up production facility in India.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Jaguar Land Rover witness high sales growth globally in April 2013
- Jaguar Land Rover opens new engineering research centre in UAE
- Jaguar F-Type sports car set for its Indian launch this July
- Jaguar Land Rover records impressive Evoque sales in India
- Jaguar F-type wins the coveted ‘2013 World Car Design Of The Year’ award
- Jaguar Land Rover India launches a new model of Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 in India
- Jaguar Land Rover to introduce four new models in India
- Jaguar launches XF 2.2 Diesel in Chennai at Rs. 45.7 lakhs
- JLR January sales surged by 32 per cent
- Jaguar Land Rover to raise more than Rs. 2,100 crore through funding
- Jaguar Land Rover India introduces locally built XF model at Rs. 44.5 lakhs
- Prince Charles to embark on a visit to Jaguar Land Rover plant in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover declares its record worldwide sales
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover planning to offer 800 new jobs at its UK plant