Jaguar Land Rover launches 2013 Range Rover in India; price starts from Rs. 1.72 crore
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian arm of Jaguar Land Rover, a British sports and luxury car making marque, has launched the much awaited 2013 Range Rover Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) in the Indian auto market on November 30, 2012. The Tata Motors' wholly owned subdivision has launched the ultra modish premium SUV on domestic turf, in three variants – Range Rover Vogue SE, Range Rover Autobiography and top model Range Rover Autobiography petrol.
The base model Vogue SE is offered to Indian premium luxury car enthusiasts at a price tag of Rs. 1.72 crore, while the mid level variant Autobiography carries a retail value of Rs. 1.79 crore. Further, petrol Range Rover Autobiography is the range topping model and is available at an exorbitantly devised price tag of Rs. 1.84 crore (all prices in the ex-showrooms of New Delhi).
As per Jaguar Land Rover's claims, the new 2013 Range Rover features world's first completely aluminium based monocoque design, besides one of largest automobile panels in the world. Further, the body skeleton has got lighter by close to 400 kg in the new Range Rover, which entails it to possess superior performance, agility and incredible fuel economy.
Coming to under the hood configurations, the 2013 Range Rover incorporates a beast of an engine – 5.0 litre, V8 supercharged powerplant that churns out a stupendous power output of 503 bhp along with a mammoth torque delivery of 620 Nm. The premium SUV could accelerate and reach the 100 kmph mark in just a meagre 5.1 seconds. Further, the 4.4 litre TDV8 diesel power-mill boasts off an incredible power and torque equation of 335 bhp and 700 Nm, respectively. The drive trains of both petrol and diesel models of Range Rover come equipped with the cutting edge eight speed ZF automatic transmission system.
Jaguar Land Rover is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, which acquired the British luxury car making sister companies fours years ago in 2008. The introduction of 2013 Range Rover in Indian auto market, has become one of the biggest car launches of 2012. It is because of Tata Motors' ownership of Jaguar Land Rover, that the new premium SUV witnessed domestic action so soon. Usually, it takes years for launch of a world class global facelift of a luxury car in the country. Further, Indian car aficionados can book the high end new premium SUV from Land Rover, from December 1, 2012.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Jaguar Land Rover witness high sales growth globally in April 2013
- Jaguar Land Rover opens new engineering research centre in UAE
- Indian arm of Land Rover celebrates 65th Anniversary
- Jaguar Land Rover records impressive Evoque sales in India
- Jaguar Land Rover India launches a new model of Range Rover
- New Range Rover Sport to globally debut on March 26
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 in India
- Range Rover Evoque features world’s first 9-speed automatic gearbox
- Jaguar Land Rover to introduce four new models in India
- Jaguar Land Rover to raise more than Rs. 2,100 crore through funding
- Jaguar Land Rover India introduces locally built XF model at Rs. 44.5 lakhs
- Prince Charles to embark on a visit to Jaguar Land Rover plant in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover declares its record worldwide sales
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover planning to offer 800 new jobs at its UK plant
- Land Rover to entice Indian audience with its 2013 Freelander 2 SUV in 2013