Jaguar breaks the cover from its special edition XKR models
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian subsidiary of Jaguar Land Rover has introduced the new special edition models of its well-acclaimed model XKR in two body styles, coupe and convertible. Both the cars are incorporated with advanced technologies and house a handful of new features that further enhance its diving experience. Offered with a price tag of Rs. 1.27 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai), the new models are bound to establish new benchmarks in the industry with their cutting-edged innovations.
The recently launched models flaunt new ‘Artisan’ interiors, which features instrument binnacle, scraffito grain leather on upholstery, door as well as rear quarter casings and Poltrona Frau Leather inserts. Adding a feather to its hat, the car holds 16x16-way front heated seats, stainless steel pedals, unique tread plates and a 525W Bowers and Wilkins sound system with seven-inch touch screen.
Bringing the major exterior changes in limelight, the new edition has convertible hood colours like black, grey, blue and brown. In the side profile, the new 20-inch Orona alloy-wheel design with small wheel arches emerge to be an attention seeker. To attract a large number of buyers, JLR has offered the new special edition in six vibrant colours, namely celestial black, crystal blue, lunar grey, polaris white, rhodium silver and ultimate black.
Besides appealing looks, the car is assimilated with the standard 5.0 litre direct injection V8 petrol engine, which is incorporated in all the models of XKR line-up. The performance oriented powertrain of this model has the potential to churn out an impressive power of 503 bhp, whose impact is further amplified by its six-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifts. Improving the performance of this engine, it has been incorporated with variable adaptive damping system and electronically controlled active differential technology, which together makes the car stand apart from other rivals of the same segment, in terms of technical configuration.
In order to assure complete security of its passengers, the special edition XKR models are equipped with some of the world’s advance safety features. These advancements include Jaguar’s Adaptive Restraint Technology system, which reassures the safety of driver and the front passenger to an optimum level.
Prior to launch of their new models, the auto giant was already in limelight, owing to the inauguration of its new showroom in Pune. At that ceremony, the company officials declared that they are planning to operate around 20 dealerships in the country by the end of this fiscal. With fresh investments and decent launches, it seems that JLR is all set to claim a big share of the luxury car segment of the Indian auto industry.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Jaguar Land Rover witness high sales growth globally in April 2013
- Jaguar Land Rover opens new engineering research centre in UAE
- Jaguar F-Type sports car set for its Indian launch this July
- Jaguar Land Rover records impressive Evoque sales in India
- Jaguar F-type wins the coveted ‘2013 World Car Design Of The Year’ award
- Jaguar Land Rover India launches a new model of Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 in India
- Jaguar Land Rover to introduce four new models in India
- Jaguar launches XF 2.2 Diesel in Chennai at Rs. 45.7 lakhs
- JLR January sales surged by 32 per cent
- Jaguar Land Rover to raise more than Rs. 2,100 crore through funding
- Jaguar Land Rover India introduces locally built XF model at Rs. 44.5 lakhs
- Prince Charles to embark on a visit to Jaguar Land Rover plant in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover declares its record worldwide sales
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover planning to offer 800 new jobs at its UK plant