Introducing electric cars in India requires big infrastructure: Volkswagen India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen has said that rolling-out electric cars in the Indian auto market is a major challenge, as the electric cars requires big infrastructure which is still not in place in the Indian market.
While further speaking on the matter, Mr. Dietmar Hildebrrandt, Volkswagen Group Service Director said that Indian is a high potential market and the company would gear –up to introduce the new vehicles including the electric cars. He was speaking at the inauguration ceremony of Volkswagen Group Technical Education programme which is organized to train technicians.
In the last six months, the company has registered a sales growth of over 10 percent over the same period last year. The firm is now looking forward to train more technicians to serve the customers better. Volkswagen India will be opening a centralized training center in Pune in October 2012. There has been a huge investment from the company’s side in the training facilities in India in recent months.
At present, the company has 200 dealerships across the country and planning to double this count over the period of next five years.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility