Innova Gets Approval for Supply to Government
Government departments shall now witness Toyota Innova in their campuses more often. Toyota Kirlosker Motor Pvt. Ltd. confirmed on Monday that it has received approval for supplying its successful SUV, Innova, to the government.
"The Government of India has accorded the Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals (DGS&D) rate contract for the Toyota Innova 2.5 E seven and eight seater diesel versions," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement. With the DGS&D rate contract effective from April, the Toyota Innova 2.5E can now be supplied to all government agencies at the Union and State levels at the government approved rate," it stated.
It is mandatory to acquire a prior approval from the DGS&D to supply vehicles in bulk to the government. DGD&D is the central purchase and quality assurance organization that falls under the Department of Supply under Ministry of Commerce.
Innova is one of the most successful SUVs in India and a complete success story for the company as well. The Company has already stated to invest around Rs 1400 crore to set up its second plant in Bangalore that would roll out one lakh units of small cars by the year 2010.
- Motorcycle Riders' Must-Have Devices
- Suzuki Inazuma Semi-faired Version spotted in Indonesia
- Mahindra Racing to concentrate on bike development only
- Hero MotoCorp to Unveil New Dewlet Scooter in September
- Bike Festival of India flags off National Safety Ride
- Bajaj Auto to Bring Forth a Revamped Platina Soon
- Skoda Yeti facelift's high end 'Elegance' trim to come in 4x2 and 4x4 options
- HCIL register 88 per cent growth in August, Mobilio garners 5530 unit sales