Innova Gets Approval for Supply to Government
Government departments shall now witness Toyota Innova in their campuses more often. Toyota Kirlosker Motor Pvt. Ltd. confirmed on Monday that it has received approval for supplying its successful SUV, Innova, to the government.
"The Government of India has accorded the Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals (DGS&D) rate contract for the Toyota Innova 2.5 E seven and eight seater diesel versions," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement. With the DGS&D rate contract effective from April, the Toyota Innova 2.5E can now be supplied to all government agencies at the Union and State levels at the government approved rate," it stated.
It is mandatory to acquire a prior approval from the DGS&D to supply vehicles in bulk to the government. DGD&D is the central purchase and quality assurance organization that falls under the Department of Supply under Ministry of Commerce.
Innova is one of the most successful SUVs in India and a complete success story for the company as well. The Company has already stated to invest around Rs 1400 crore to set up its second plant in Bangalore that would roll out one lakh units of small cars by the year 2010.
- Maruti Swift facelift coming by end of this month - Details inside
- Next generation Bolero - More details emerge
- James Bond's popular Submarine car 1977 Lotus Espirit is on Ebay for sale
- Ford working on driver car seat that can detect heart attacks
- Chevrolet Beat - Reasons why it is a good choice in the hatchback segment
- The new Fiat Avventura launched in five interesting trims, starting from Rs. 5.99 Lakhs
- Post cars, Tata Motors now plans on introducing AMT technology for its trucks and buses
- Maruti Suzuki challenges Rs.150 crore penalty imposed by CESTAT