Innova Gets Approval for Supply to Government
Government departments shall now witness Toyota Innova in their campuses more often. Toyota Kirlosker Motor Pvt. Ltd. confirmed on Monday that it has received approval for supplying its successful SUV, Innova, to the government.
"The Government of India has accorded the Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals (DGS&D) rate contract for the Toyota Innova 2.5 E seven and eight seater diesel versions," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement. With the DGS&D rate contract effective from April, the Toyota Innova 2.5E can now be supplied to all government agencies at the Union and State levels at the government approved rate," it stated.
It is mandatory to acquire a prior approval from the DGS&D to supply vehicles in bulk to the government. DGD&D is the central purchase and quality assurance organization that falls under the Department of Supply under Ministry of Commerce.
Innova is one of the most successful SUVs in India and a complete success story for the company as well. The Company has already stated to invest around Rs 1400 crore to set up its second plant in Bangalore that would roll out one lakh units of small cars by the year 2010.
- Tata Hexa SUV may get a 6-speed automatic transmission
- Tata Zest - Reasons why it has emerged as a strong competitor against Swift DZire
- Toyota beats Volkswagen and GM to claim top spot for global vehicle sales
- Mahindra and Mahindra turns down claims of hiking stake in Ssangyong Motor
- Car makers likely to gain profits from China's used car market
- 2015 Tata Safari Strome launching soon; details leaked
- Hyundai Santa Fe's 2015 Model Launching Soon
- Mercedes-Benz planning to launch new Maybach and Smart models