Innova Gets Approval for Supply to Government
Government departments shall now witness Toyota Innova in their campuses more often. Toyota Kirlosker Motor Pvt. Ltd. confirmed on Monday that it has received approval for supplying its successful SUV, Innova, to the government.
"The Government of India has accorded the Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals (DGS&D) rate contract for the Toyota Innova 2.5 E seven and eight seater diesel versions," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement. With the DGS&D rate contract effective from April, the Toyota Innova 2.5E can now be supplied to all government agencies at the Union and State levels at the government approved rate," it stated.
It is mandatory to acquire a prior approval from the DGS&D to supply vehicles in bulk to the government. DGD&D is the central purchase and quality assurance organization that falls under the Department of Supply under Ministry of Commerce.
Innova is one of the most successful SUVs in India and a complete success story for the company as well. The Company has already stated to invest around Rs 1400 crore to set up its second plant in Bangalore that would roll out one lakh units of small cars by the year 2010.
- Lamborghini Huracan India launch in August, bookings exceed allotted quota
- Mahindra Ssanyong Rexton RX6 - What to expect?
- New Ford Figo - Trendy hatchback with Wi-Fi convenience
- Tata Bolt - Upcoming hatchback with 3 interesting drive modes
- Suzuki Gixxer 150 due for launch on 10th August, 2014
- 2016 Toyota Innova spy shots emerge
- Suzuki Gixxer - What to expect?
- Steelbird launches specially designed Ares series of helmets