India to Have Another Luxury Car - Mercedes A Class
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mercedes is contemplating its options to bring its small range model, A class, to India. Mercedes A class is currently the smallest car in company's portfolio and may cost a little more than other luxury models available in the country..
"We are evaluating the Indian market regarding price positioning and overall perception of the company as far as the A-Class range is concerned. However, we have not taken any decision so far whether and when to introduce the A-Class car in India," said Rainer Schmuckle, Mercedes Benz COO, on the sidelines of the 48th SIAM Annual Convention 2008 in New Delhi. “Although, during recent months the growth has slowed down a bit, we are hopeful that the drive will resume within the next 12-18 months,” he added.
According to Rainer, the current luxury car market segment in India is growing at a rate of 30-40 percent annually. It is also weighing options to bring complete series of new models of hybrid vehicles in the global auto market. It may also launch its S class hybrid car in the global car market in 2009. It shall bring more luxury models on the similar lines subsequently in 2010 and 2011.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
i want to buy A-CLASS MERCEDES BENZ,PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE DELIVERY PERIODOctober 28, 2010 by Ismail
We have 2 x mercedes cars in UK and know the product well. We also have a house in the Kerala countryside where roads are particularly bad and poorly maintained. The A class may be good for Delhi and other major cities it would struggle in my opinion in areas away from the National Highways of India.Would be pleased to trial an A class over a prolonged period at our house in Kerala if it would help - completely free of charge to Mercedes.September 10, 2008 by W Howarth
Hi,Toyota does't have plans of launching Diesel version Corolla as of now .September 07, 2008 by Shiva, CarTrade Expert
Hi I am Suresh here i want know about toyota corola diesal version in india is the toyota will launch it corola with d segment pls tell me.Thanks and RegardsSuresh MalikSeptember 06, 2008 by Suresh Malik
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India