India’s racing structure to match with European counterparts soon: Narayan Karthikeyan
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Formula one driver Narayan Karthikeyan has said that he is hopeful of India’s motorsports structure matching the levels of European countries.
It is to be mentioned that India is rapidly emerging as a prominent motor racing hub in Asia. The country is all set to host a number of prestigious racing events in the coming months including the likes of Formula One Indian Grand Prix in November this year, FIA-GT1 Championship (scheduled to be held in December’12 at Buddh International Circuit).
Speaking to TOI, Mr. Kartikeyan said, "It took me 12 years to progress from FISSME to Formula One. He added, "Those were different times and mine was an exciting journey. But with the kind of opportunities that are available in the country currently a driver's progress can certainly be a lot faster."
Karthikeyan launched MRF F-2000 car on Friday saying that the car is on par with any other global Formula 3 series. He claimed that the car will be the fastest one-make series in India.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport likely to be launched by June 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 hits Indian screens
- Nissan Micra facelift to enter Indian market during June-July 2013
- Yamaha Ray Z scooter launched at Rs. 48,555 (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Toyota 23rd, BMW 24th on the BrandZ's Top 100 ranking
- Nissan India recalling 22,188 units of Sunny and Micra
- Ford EcoSport 'Child Parts' manufacturing style very beneficial for the customers
- Nissan Duster to be launched in India during Diwali
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India