Images of Renault Scala leaked ahead of its launch in the coming month
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Ahead of the much anticipated launch of Renault Scala sedan scheduled in the next month, the unofficial release of its images have triggered the excitement level of the Indian buyers. The previous association of the France based Renault and Japan based Nissan Motor Company, enabled the former to introduce this new model as a rebadged version of the latter’s highly popular Nissan Sunny.
The C-segment Scala sedan is the second badge-engineered model launched by the French automaker scheduled to be rolled out aptly during the festive season in the country. Renault Scala greatly resembles the Nissan Sunny yet presently itself with a unique identity. The design cues have also been revamped to grant it the signature Renault feel and appearance.
However, the Scala sedan borrows the same powertrains of 1.5 Liter K9K 84.8bhp turbo diesel engine and HR15DE 1.5 Liter 98bhp petrol engine from its cousin, Nissan Sunny.
On the exteriors, Renault Scala sedan sports a unique and intricately styled hexagonal grille nearing down the bumper and newly styled tail lamps on the rear are featured with new reflector design. The car maker’s badge has been carved upwards in the grille as compared to the Nissan’s badge on the Sunny sedan.
On the interiors, changes have been hardly implemented owing to the highly positive response received for the interior appearance of Nissan Sunny. It is just the Renault logo placed on the steering that comprises the amendment on the inside.
Both Renault Scala and Nissan Sunny are offered with twin airbags and ABS as standard safety features on the high end variants. The French car maker is endeavouring to vie on the same success enjoyed by Nissan Sunny with its new offering, Scala sedan.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
It is more in the criteria of swift disree Verna is a better choice . what's the point of launching this ugly car that too without a diesel option maybe people who prefer dizire and manza could go for it a call centre executives car lolSeptember 13, 2012 by Elisne
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook