Hyundai To Launch Avante Hybrid in 2009
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hyundai has announced that it will launch its first mass-produced hybrid, based on the home-market Avante, in the second half of 2009. A hybrid version of the midsize Sonata sedan is due in 2010.
Hyundai's sister brand, Kia, also is preparing new hybrid models, including gas/electric variants of the new Mohave utility vehicle (to be sold in the U.S. as the Borrego) and the Lotze (Optima) sedan, by 2010.
The hybrid Avante (sold in most overseas markets as the Elantra) is designed to run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), which should help reduce exhaust emissions. The hybrid Sonata, however, is expected to use standard gasoline.
Hyundai previously has built several thousand hybrid prototypes, primarily for testing in government fleets, including versions of the Verna (Accent) and Click (Getz) compacts.
The automaker said it hopes to begin mass production of hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles by 2012.
- Mahindra’s M-Check free check camp ends March 9th
- 3 reasons that make Corolla Altis tick in the Indian market
- Chevrolet Beat a tough contender in under 5 lakh hatchback segment
- Compact SUV Comparison – Skoda Yeti Vs Renault Duster
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 expected to come with Automatic transmission
- Toyota reaches one million sales mark in India
- Yamaha reports 32.5% rise in February sales in India
- Tata Motors ties up with Bhartiya Mahila Bank to enable easy vehicle financing for women
04 March 2014, 18:30 IST by CarTrade Editorial Team
Audi India has doled out a lucrative offer, “The Audi Spring Collection”, for its customers, details regarding which can also be seen on Audi India’s official website. The...
03 March 2014, 11:29 IST by Nikhil Puthran
The sedan car segment is loved for all the right reasons – more space, luxury, comfort, ample boot space, performance and safety, as compared to a hatchback. In recent times, the Indian...
05 March 2014, 11:52 IST by Nikhil Puthran
Ford's top-selling SUV Ecosport generated huge interest since its inception a year ago. The car created a stir in the compact SUV segment. Ecosport has everything going in its favor –...
06 March 2014, 11:38 IST by Nikhil Puthran
KTM Duke has been a hot favorite among youngsters in the country. The international bike-maker currently sells the 200cc and 390cc variants of the Duke variant in the country. The Dude 200 seemed...