Hyundai to commence promotional activities of Elantra from July-August
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hyundai Motor India Ltd., the Indian unit of the South Korean car manufacturer, will mark its re-entry in the D-segment after a long passage of time with the launch of new Elantra compact car with Fluidic designing in the Indian auto market by September or October this year in the price range of Rs. 11 Lakh to Rs. 18 Lakh. The marketing and promotional activities will commence from July-August.
The automaker is gearing up for a grand launch of the Elantra Fluidic, the earlier version of which did not witness a high acceptance in the country. After the company launched the Verna and Sonata models in Fluidic versions that catapulted the sales volume considerably, the planned launch of the Elantra in similar version is anticipated to seep well with the Indian buyers.
Hyundai ElantraFluidic is powered with 1.8L petrol engine that churns out a peak power of 150 PS and 177 Nm of peak torque. Also in consideration is Hyundai Verna’s 1.6L CRDi U2 engine that is capable of outpouring a top power of 128 PS and top torque of 265 Nm while deliberations are on to incorporate a distinct 1.8L diesel engine.
As showcased at the Auto expoearlier this year, the Elantra’s head turning exterior appearance draws styling inspiration from the Verna’s front fascia and the Sonata’s rear proportions. With comfort and convenience features such as rich leather upholstery, heated door mirrors and steering wheel, touch-screen infotainment system, cruise control, ventilated front seats among others, the sedan will also come equipped with modern safety attributes positioning the new Elantra as a customised compact car for the Indian buyers.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon
- Discounts galore by Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Tata and Volkswagen