Hyundai registers a sales growth of 6.40% in July this year
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Despite of the numerous economic constraints emerging in the Indian auto market, Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL), the Indian wing of the South Korean automaker has announced an achievement of 6.40 percent surge in the sales volume in the month of July 2012. The total sales for the month of July this year stood at 52,845 units spearheading from 49,666 units sold in the month under review in 2011.
Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Vice-President (National Sales), Hyundai Motor India Limited, was quoted as saying, "The overall market demand is suppressed due to general inflationary trend, high fuel prices and interest rates. Unless any major triggers get activated, market sentiment is not expected to improve very much."
The second largest automaker in the country reported an impressive sales growth from 25,642 units in July 2011 to 27,585 units sold in July this year marking a catapult by 7.58 percent in the domestic market.
In a statement released by the car maker, the exports increased from 24,024 units in July last year to 25,260 units in July 2012, showcasing a marginal growth of 5.14 percent.
In the small car and hatchback segment comprising of its diverse range of Hyundai Eon, Santro, i10 and i20, the sales registered were 44,274 units. Even, the subcompact sedans, Hyundai Accent and Verna claimed a mediocre chunk of 8,454 units in the total sales. Sales of the high end sedan, Hyundai Sonata was totalled at 32 units and the new hefty SUV, Hyundai Santa Fe scored a sales volume of 85 units.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon