Hyundai in India ix35 Deferred
It had been rumoured for quite some time that Hyundai motors will bring its ix35 model to the Indian market. However, in a recent auto event Hyundai has stated that there will be no more SUVs in India from Hyundai.
According to earlier reports, Hyundai ix35 was slated to be introduced as a CBU model in India. It is a 5-seater model which would be highly priced in the country and importing the same looks like a costly and uncompetitive proposition to Hyundai.
Recently, Hyundai Motors India Limited has launched its brand new SUV model Santa Fe in India. Hyundai launched the SUV in an elaborate ceremony in the middle of Rajasthan's Thar desert, some 150 km from Jodhpur. the desert reflects the spirit and purpose of the quintessential SUV. “The desert gives a feeling of sportiness and ruggedness – the challenging terrain reflects the personality of the Santa Fe,” said Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing and Sales, HMIL.
The Santa Fe comes powered by a 2.2-litre CRDi powerplant. The engine puts out 197 bhp and comes with a six-speed manual gearbox. The 4x2 will be available at a price of Rs 20.95 lakh, while the 4x4 variant wll cost Rs 22.95 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.
- Suzuki Launches Voltcom Crescent Edition - GSX-R1000 WSBK Replica
- Royal Enfield makes a New Land Speed Record at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Bookings open for Maruti Ciaz, India's most fuel-efficient car
- Maruti Swift Facelift Spotted with Slight Changes
- Hero Splendor Pro Classic Tagged at 53,900 INR
- Hero MotoCorp looking forward to Intense Growth
- 2015 Honda CBR150R Spotted, Based on CBR300R
- Renault Duster All-Wheel Drive may further enhance brand's presence on Indian roads