Hyundai in India ix35 Deferred
It had been rumoured for quite some time that Hyundai motors will bring its ix35 model to the Indian market. However, in a recent auto event Hyundai has stated that there will be no more SUVs in India from Hyundai.
According to earlier reports, Hyundai ix35 was slated to be introduced as a CBU model in India. It is a 5-seater model which would be highly priced in the country and importing the same looks like a costly and uncompetitive proposition to Hyundai.
Recently, Hyundai Motors India Limited has launched its brand new SUV model Santa Fe in India. Hyundai launched the SUV in an elaborate ceremony in the middle of Rajasthan's Thar desert, some 150 km from Jodhpur. the desert reflects the spirit and purpose of the quintessential SUV. “The desert gives a feeling of sportiness and ruggedness – the challenging terrain reflects the personality of the Santa Fe,” said Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing and Sales, HMIL.
The Santa Fe comes powered by a 2.2-litre CRDi powerplant. The engine puts out 197 bhp and comes with a six-speed manual gearbox. The 4x2 will be available at a price of Rs 20.95 lakh, while the 4x4 variant wll cost Rs 22.95 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.
- Hero Electric announces new super saver scheme for e-bikes
- Colour options for Suzuki Gixxer leaked
- Hyundai contemplates ix25 SUV for India, launch likely in 2015
- Salman Khan's Land Cruiser hit and run case takes a new twist
- Mercedes Benz LuxeFest - 2014 offers goodies to make the festive season truly special
- Mercedes Benz India to hike car prices by 2.5% from 1st September, 2014
- Mahindra Reva launches premium variant of e2o priced at Rs 5.72 lakh
- Tata Nano launched in Bangladesh at Tk 8 lakhs