Hyundai in India ix35 Deferred
It had been rumoured for quite some time that Hyundai motors will bring its ix35 model to the Indian market. However, in a recent auto event Hyundai has stated that there will be no more SUVs in India from Hyundai.
According to earlier reports, Hyundai ix35 was slated to be introduced as a CBU model in India. It is a 5-seater model which would be highly priced in the country and importing the same looks like a costly and uncompetitive proposition to Hyundai.
Recently, Hyundai Motors India Limited has launched its brand new SUV model Santa Fe in India. Hyundai launched the SUV in an elaborate ceremony in the middle of Rajasthan's Thar desert, some 150 km from Jodhpur. the desert reflects the spirit and purpose of the quintessential SUV. “The desert gives a feeling of sportiness and ruggedness – the challenging terrain reflects the personality of the Santa Fe,” said Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing and Sales, HMIL.
The Santa Fe comes powered by a 2.2-litre CRDi powerplant. The engine puts out 197 bhp and comes with a six-speed manual gearbox. The 4x2 will be available at a price of Rs 20.95 lakh, while the 4x4 variant wll cost Rs 22.95 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.
- Honda announces investment of Rs. 380 Crores for Tapakura plant expansion, to be utilized for new Jazz product
- New-gen Toyota Fortuner - How different will it be?
- Ford Ecosport facelift on cards, likely to be launched in 2016
- Tata Motors launches the Prima Range trucks in Bangladesh
- 2016 Toyota Fortuner likely to be launched on 28th July
- Mahindra Scorpio Vs Tata Safari Storme - Power packed performers in SUV segment
- Hyundai Xcent - A sneak peek into its variants
- 2015 Volkswagen Vento facelift claimed to be 7.5% more fuel-efficient