Hyundai i10 diesel launch expected soon
Amidst the launches of a series of diesel variants of the popular cars in the Indian market like Chevrolet Beat and Etios diesel, Hyundai India is expected to roll-out Hyundai i10 diesel very soon. At present, Hyundai i10 is one of the highest selling among the Hyundai portfolio cars in the country, and the launch of a diesel version will certainly give it an edge over the competitors like Wagon R and A-Star (available in only petrol version).
The Hyundai i10 is already available in diesel version in the foreign markets, where it is powered by a 1.1-liter turbocharged CRDi diesel engine. This engine unit is capable of delivering a peak power of 75PS @ 4000 rpm and maximum torque of 153 Nm @ 1900-2750rpm. The powerful engine of i10 diesel is coupled by a five speed manual transmission.
In recent months, gap between petrol and diesel prices has broadened considerably. This has ultimately resulted in a major shift of buyers towards diesel variants of cars in India. The ongoing scenario has forced car makers to advance the launches of diesel variants of their cars, as there has been a sudden increase in the customer queries related to the launch of diesel versions of cars.
Going one step ahead in the competition, US based leading car maker General Motors and Japanese auto giant Toyota have already launched the diesel version of their popular compact series cars Chevrolet Beat and Etios Liva, respectively. Beat diesel was launched in July 2011, while the Etios Diesel has marked its debit recently.
- Mahindra Group shall bring-in Australia made airplanes in India
- Haryana Police seize bulletproof Tata Safari and many more vehicles from Rampal's Satlok Ashram
- Mitsubishi Outlander diesel might launch in India by early 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Stingray likely to be launched with AMT technology
- Uber GO kicks off low cost car for hire service in India, Charges minimum fare of Rs. 40
- New Honda Unicorn 160 coming soon
- Jaguar XE sedan to be assembled in India
- Upcoming hatchback comparison - Tata Bolt Vs Honda Jazz