Hyundai bring out the all-new fuel-efficient i30
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hyundai Motor, the South Korean car maker giant unwrapped a revived and highly fuel-efficient version of its class apart i30 compact car, in a bid to raise its bar in the competition involving ace European models such as Volkswagen's Golf.
Hyundai confirmed its intentions of selling-off 2,15,000 units of the i30 hatchback next year, which comprise 25,000 targeted for the domestic market and 1,90,000 abroad, in order to provide a coerce for expanding its share in the premium sub-compact car market.
The refreshing new i30 will be welcomed by Europe in January next year, Australia and the Middle East in March and the United States in May.
With its energetic and aggressive design and upgraded new functions, the worked-upon i30 will emerge as a premium hatchback, company President Kim Choong-Ho told reporters. He also claimed that its competition would primarily be with the Golf and Peugeot's 308. He further added that around 50% of the i30 hatchbacks would be disseminated in Europe.
The new i30 is assembled with a 1.6-litre gasoline and diesel engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The safety aspect of the car has been stepped up with seven airbags making their way into the vehicle.
It is priced from 18.45 million won ($16,200) to 22.05 million won at home, according to accessories and engine type it possesses.
Hyundai and its affiliate Kia Motors together form the world's fifth-largest car maker by sales. Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility in Ulsan, which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually. The company employs about 75,000 persons around the world.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
expect follwings:1)1.4 & 1.6 lt2)ABS,EBD,ESP,6airbags3)200 mm ground clearence4)14 km/lt in city & 19 km/lt in high way5)petrol-lpg changing facilty with factory fittop end 8.5 lakh petrol/10lakh diesel ..GO TO SLEEP FOR 10 YEARS RUN PRODUCTION IN INDIA.December 05, 2011 by Jc64
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon
- Discounts galore by Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Tata and Volkswagen