Honda to launch sedan version of bestselling hatchback Brio in 2013
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Honda Siel Cars India, the Indian subsidiary of the Japan based multinational automotive corporation, is gearing up to accelerate the sales growth with the introduction of Honda Briosedan by 2013. Honda Brio has well captured the hatchback segment in the market with its chic, trendy and upbeat stance backed by greater on road performance.
With the high number of sales clocked by the Brio hatchback since its inception, Honda aims to reiterate the same sales growth for the sedan segment with the launch of an entry level sedan in the Brio range. The company confirmed that the Brio sedan will be positioned under its bestselling sedan, Honda City.
In recent times, the Indian auto market has witnessed the foray of various range extensions of the high selling variants, which have also received enormous response with the country’s buyers. Following this suit is Honda, which is planning to segment it under Honda City at a comparatively lower price.
Automakers such as Tata Motors, the initiator of such range extension has attained success with the popular Indica-Indigo launch and Maruti Suzuki achieved leadership position in the respective segments with the introduction of Swift hatchback alongside Swift Dzire sedan. Even Skoda Auto and Volkswagen have reaped the benefit of this range bifurcation with the launch of Fabia-Rapid and Polo-Vento hatchback-sedan partnership.
Honda Brio sedan will also be marketed first in Thailand and then in India during the festive season in the later phase of 2013. The company is also planning to launch an all new multi purpose vehicle built on the Brio platform, the production of which is said to commence from 2015.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Discounts offered by Honda under purview of Indian excise authorities
- Maruti DZire Mileage Rally aims to draw attention away from Honda Amaze