Honda rolls out Dream Yuga in India, exports to commence in Q3
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian subsidiary of the Japan based Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has launched its first mass motorcycle, Dream Yuga in the Indian auto market and its deliberations are on to launch the two wheeler in the overseas market as well.
The exports of Dream Yuga will be initiated from the neighbouring nations of Sri Lanka and Nepal and the exports will probably commence in November or December in the current calendar year as confirmed by Mr. Keita Muramatsu, President and Chief Executive Officer, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) at the motorcycle’s launch event.
Powered with an 110cc engine capable of churning out a top power of 8.5 hp power at 7500 rpm, the bike is intended for the pace loving youth in the country. The motorcycle with attractive appearance with five colour and three variants, uniquely styled meter console, distinct alloy wheels along with Honda Intelligent Ignition Control System at price tag of Rs. 44,642 (ex showroom Delhi) proves that the company has designed the motorcycle for the price and mileage conscious Indian buyers.
Mr. Y.S Guleria, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, HMSI, commented, "We are also looking at pushing up our market share by three notches from the present 15 per cent with the launch of the Dream Yuga." Speaking about the future growth prospects, he added, "We have seen 50 per cent growth in the first two months of this fiscal. So, now with the dream Yuga in our product profile, we are quite confident of achieving the target."
The company is aiming conquer the two wheeler segment with plans to sell 300,000 Dream Yugas by the end of current financial year.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Discounts offered by Honda under purview of Indian excise authorities
- Maruti DZire Mileage Rally aims to draw attention away from Honda Amaze