Honda records 22.81 percent decline in June sales, Q1 sales shoots up by 157 percent
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
With sales diving from 3,455 units in June 2011 to 2,667 units in June this year, Honda Siel Cars India, one of the leading automakers in the country, has reported a decline in sales growth by 22.81 percent in the month under review.
Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice-President (Sales & Marketing), Honda Siel Cars India, commented that in the month of June 2012, the company was compelled to hold the wholesales to avoid further mounting of inventory at dealerships as the market demand, currently is on a downfall owing to the rising fuel prices and high interest rates. But it is anticipated that the automotive sector will revive the sales numbers during the upcoming festive season.
Honda has revealed that the sales for the month of June witnessed a share of 1,253 units of its bestselling sedan Honda City, 649 units of its premium compact hatchback Honda Jazz, 609 units of its highly trendy compact car Brio, 58 units of its premium sedan Honda Civic, 53 units of its full size premium sedan Honda Accord and 45 units of its sturdy and muscular SUV, Honda CR-V.
The automaker that operates through a JV between the Japan based Honda Motor Company and the India based Siel Group has registered a sales growth of 157 percent during the first quarter of the current fiscal year with sales tallying at 20,076 units in comparison to the 7,801 units sold during the same period in 2011.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Honda will be a big vlop after brio isuzu copied diesel engine world over honda diesels have failedJuly 08, 2012 by Masiko San
honda should launch jazz with automatic transmissionJuly 05, 2012 by Shashikant Menkudle
Honda should come with diesel varient of City, Brio & Civic for capturing better market share. These product are very good but petrol prices are gone up so every one thinking for diesel varients.July 05, 2012 by R.C. Mishra
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic