Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India determined to retain last fiscal sales growth this year too
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
While the Indian auto market is currently witnessing sluggish growth rate, the Japan based two-wheeler maker, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) is determined of maintaining its sales growth rate in the current fiscal year.
Mr. Ashish Choudhary, Division Head, South Region, HMSI confirmed that the sales in the last financial year boosted by 30 percent with sales totalling at 21 lakh vehicles. He affirmed that the company is confident of attaining similar growth in FY 2012-13 contradicting the present growth rate of 12 to 13 percent persisting in the two-wheeler segment.
Mr. Choudhary further claimed that despite of the slowdown in the sector, the company is pacing at a high rate showcased by the 60 percent growth reported in the first quarter of this year. HMSI is establishing a new facility in Karnataka having a production capacity of 12 lakh units annually and would be operational by next year. This new plant will total up the production capacity of the two-wheeler maker to over 40 lakh units per year.
HMSI’s new offering, 110-cc bike 'Dream Yuga' was launched in Coimbatore recently and during the launch event, the company announced that it is targeting to sell 6000 units of the bike in the southern region per month. This segment is termed as an unexplored segment for HMSI and with Dream Yuga’s foray into this segment, the company is confident to capture the hold of the mass segment.
The company is gearing up to expand its reach to semi-urban areas apart from urban areas with plans to fiercely augment the dealer distribution network.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic