Honda aims double fold increase in car sales in India by 2017
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian unit of the Japan based leading car maker Honda Motors is aiming to raise their car sales by over 100 percent in the coming four years. The plans of increasing their sales in the Indian market is a part of company’s strategy under which it is targeting to achieve a global sales mark of 6 million units in the next four years.
The company has said that a new sub compact car as well as Brio will be flagship cars in the coming years. The Japanese auto giant hopes to reach this target by in the year ending March 2017. It is to be mentioned here that the company is set-to launch new Fit series of company cars in India in the coming years.
Speaking to the reporters in a recently held press conference, company’s CEO Takanobu Ito said, "This is quite a big figure for us and there were debates over whether we should make it public, but unless we set a goal and work to figure out how we can achieve it, our business operations won't be specific." He added, "Our car business depends on the Fit series and I am confident that this is definitely a core product in any region in the world."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic
- Discounts offered by Honda under purview of Indian excise authorities
- Maruti DZire Mileage Rally aims to draw attention away from Honda Amaze