Hero MotoCorp to discontinue Impulse and Ignitor and Maestro models
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp is all set to phase out three models from their India portfolio including Impulse and Ignitor motorcycles and Maestro scooter.
It is to be mentioned here that all of these three models are just a few years old, but the company has decided to discontinue these model as these were manufactured with technological assistance from the company’s erstwhile Japanese partner Honda.
Speaking to the reporters in the National Capital, Mr. Pawan Munjal, MD of Hero MotoCorp said that the firm is planning to establish an independent Research & Development (R&D) Center. The company is looking forward to launch new models in the India market with their design and technology providing partners. The new R&D center of the company will be set-up near Jaipur with a heavy investment of Rs 400 crore.
However, the company is yet to disclose the name of their new European technological partner and the names of these upcoming models.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
what happened with those guys who hav already purched these bikes... is anything effects them due to these news...September 10, 2012 by Inder
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Fiat organises free vehicle check-up camps in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India