Hero MotoCorp rolls out new 125cc motorcycle Ignitor at a starting price of Rs. 55,900
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hero MotoCorp, the country’s leading motorcycle and scooter manufacturer has rolled out its new motorcycle offering, Ignitor marking its intensifying stance in the deluxe segment in the Indian two-wheeler market.
The company has already nailed the entry level motorcycle segment with the chic and upbeat Splendor and Passion models and is now aiming to capture greater chunk in the higher end segment with the introduction 125cc Ignitor at a price commencing from Rs. 55,900 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the drum-self-cast variant and Rs. 57,900 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the disc-self-cast variant.
Mr. Anil Dua, Senior Vice President (Marketing & Sales), Hero MotoCorp, was quoted as saying, "Every new launch of Hero MotoCorp flows from a clear strategy to further consolidate its leadership position across segments. With "Ignitor", we aim to bolster our presence in the growing deluxe segment. It combines sturdiness and superior technology with contemporary style and yet comes with an attractive price tag. We are confident that with such an irresistible package, Ignitor would definitely, appeal across the young adult segments."
Loaded with a high powered new generation 125cc ATFT engine capable of outpouring a top power of 11PS at 8000rpm, the Ignitor has been designed to deliver high end driving performance. The youth oriented trendsetting bike is furnished with attractive attributes such as split seat, trapezoidal headlight, digital-analog combo meter console, body-coloured rear grip, front cowl, dual tone rear view mirrors, tail light and adjustable rear shock-absorbers.
After the dissolution of its JV with Honda, Hero MotoCorp has solely marked series of new launches in the form of Impulse, Maestro and now, Ignitor. With Glamour, Super Splendor and Ignitor, the company aims at getting hold of the high end 125cc segment.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
hero moto cop produce bike with good quality and within the budget of common peopleJuly 04, 2012 by Lalit Shankar
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Honda on the rise while Hero, Bajaj suffer decline in bike sales during April
- Honda CEO Kanayama plays guitar to the tune of 'Socha Hai' at the company's Foundation Day
- Honda City Diesel to script Honda's comeback in the mid-size sedan category
- New Honda Brio VX model introduced at Rs. 5.34 lakh
- Brio MPV could become another success story for Honda after Amaze
- Honda Amaze sedan selling more than Brio and City in India
- Honda reveals prices for 150 cc CB Trigger in India
- New Honda Amaze registers more bookings than Maruti DZire
- Amaze fuels Honda’s 20 per cent sales growth during April 2013
- A difficult choice: Maruti Swift DZire, Honda Amaze or Ford Classic