Hero Ignitor 125, the rebranded and redesigned Honda Stunner, launched in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
India's top and world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer globally in terms of sales, Hero MotoCorp recently introduced its second launch of the year, Hero Ignitor. The motorcycle, which was exhibited at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012 held in January this year, is a rebranded and revamped edition of Honda CB Stunner. However, Hero will offer its new launch in carburetted option only unlike the fuel injection system assimilated within top-end variant of CB Stunner. The rest of the configurations of Hero MotoCorp’s new bike are almost similar to that of the Stunner.
Hero Ignitor 125 is offered with a price tag of Rs. 55,900 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base model. This model features drum brakes in front and an option of self-start with kick-start. On the other hand, the high-end variant is priced at Rs. 57,900 and features disc brakes. The auto maker has offered alloy wheels and electric-start as standard features on both variants of Ignitor. Powered by a 125 cc 4-stroke engine, the new motorcycle of Hero MotoCorp has potential to churn out 10.8 hp of maximum power at 8,000 rpm with 11 Nm of peak torque at 5,000 rpm. The powertrain is coupled with a 5-speed manual gearbox and weighs 129 kg, which makes it a good option to handle in city.
The new Ignitor 125 is the new addition to the range of 125 cc bikes available in the market for those customers who want to upgrade their 100-110 cc bikes. With its new motorcycle, Hero is targeting youths who are looking for a new stylish bike that offers better mileage and has reliability as well. Unlike the CB Stunner, which did not perform as expected, Hero MotoCorp is quite confident for its recent launch which is expected to be a volume puller for the company. Just like Honda, Hero too has been going dormant in the 125 cc segment despite having best selling Super Splendor 125 and Glamour 125 in its portfolio.
The Hero Ignitor is the first one of the two rebranded motorcycles to be launched by the two-wheeler manufacturer this year. The next product, slated for a launch later this year happens to be the Passion XPro 110. This product carries the styling and body kit of the existing Passion Pro and will borrow the engine from Honda CB Twister. The yet-to-be launched 110 cc 4-stroke motorcycle will be positioned by Hero MotoCorp in the commuter segment and will efficiently compete with likes of Honda Dream Yuga 110 and the TVS Star City 110.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles
- Fast & Furious 6 cars to set pulses racing on May on 24, 2013
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Honda Brio enters Maruti's category with new variants
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- Sanjay Dutt and his love for high-end cars
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback