Harley Davidson expects better sales post receiving Indo-American Trade Excellence award
Harley Davidson seemed to have hit the jackpot with its affordable pricing for the Street 750. The American bike-maker has also set up its production plant in Bawal owing to good logistic support and low cost of operation. Harley Davidson uses this plant for the production of local as well as international units.
Recently Harley Davidson received the Indo-American Trade Excellence award for Operational Excellence in Manufacturing. The awards ceremony was held earlier this month by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC). On behalf of the company the award was received by Mr. Baljeet Mokha, Director, Plant Operations Harley-Davidson India. Speaking on the occassion he said, “We are honored to be recognized by IACC for Harley-Davidson India’s operational excellence in manufacturing. The ability to build and deliver exceptional products is possible only through input from our customers and the efforts and dedication of our employees and partners. We are proud of all that has been accomplished over the last 5 years in India and the award stands as testimony to our continued commitment to the market.”
Earlier, Harley Davidson had put up a new video on YouTube showing a new Harley that has been zipping past by a Route 66 road sign. Prima Facie it appears to be a new fast bike, but going by the sounds, it looks like it has been running on an electric motor. The bike sounds quieter and smoother than a regular version. At the end of the video, a date flashes 06.19.2014, thereby indicating on some surprise to be revealed. The bike features in the new Avengers movie and the crew has claimed it to be a production model. Further details shall only be known post an official unveiling by the company.
Connect With Us
Upcoming Cars in 2015
- Chevrolet India to Launch Three New Cars in Next 18 Months
- Tata Motors shares reports 2% growth in domestic sales and 9% growth in global car sales in March
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R likely to receive idling-stop technology
- A new twist - Salman Khan s lawyer claims that Police crane is to be blamed for car falling on victims
- Bajaj Pulsar 150NS launch expected in May
Latest Questions & Answers
- I am Franklin. I have scorpio which ran 1lakh kms. Please advice me, what parts should i replace?
- I have accent crdi 2005 I did full engine bore. Now I have a problem the car taking very long crank to start every time.and after few km druve engine is cutting off. Please advice.
- I own a Maruthi Zen lx 2001 model , want to change tyres. with old(stock) rim can i go for tubeless tyres what are pors and cons or should go for tube tyres.