Harley Davidson expects better sales post receiving Indo-American Trade Excellence award
Harley Davidson seemed to have hit the jackpot with its affordable pricing for the Street 750. The American bike-maker has also set up its production plant in Bawal owing to good logistic support and low cost of operation. Harley Davidson uses this plant for the production of local as well as international units.
Recently Harley Davidson received the Indo-American Trade Excellence award for Operational Excellence in Manufacturing. The awards ceremony was held earlier this month by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC). On behalf of the company the award was received by Mr. Baljeet Mokha, Director, Plant Operations Harley-Davidson India. Speaking on the occassion he said, “We are honored to be recognized by IACC for Harley-Davidson India’s operational excellence in manufacturing. The ability to build and deliver exceptional products is possible only through input from our customers and the efforts and dedication of our employees and partners. We are proud of all that has been accomplished over the last 5 years in India and the award stands as testimony to our continued commitment to the market.”
Earlier, Harley Davidson had put up a new video on YouTube showing a new Harley that has been zipping past by a Route 66 road sign. Prima Facie it appears to be a new fast bike, but going by the sounds, it looks like it has been running on an electric motor. The bike sounds quieter and smoother than a regular version. At the end of the video, a date flashes 06.19.2014, thereby indicating on some surprise to be revealed. The bike features in the new Avengers movie and the crew has claimed it to be a production model. Further details shall only be known post an official unveiling by the company.
Upcoming Cars in 2015
- Upcoming Renault Lodgy likely to drive sales in India
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Range Extender Hybrid showcased at 2015 International Green Mobility Expo
- Toyota Motor Corp promotes foreigners and first women to top posts
- Nissan redefines the compact hatchback concept with the Sway concept – Features to look out for
- Suzuki iM-4 compact SUV concept unveiled at 2015 Geneva Motor Show
Questions & Answers on
- Hi i m luking 4 a compact suv in d near future 3-6 months m waiting for maruti XA alpha, Hyundai IX-35 & honda vezzel. Plz tell me which 1 would b a better option & launching time
- Hi,Am planning to buy a new petrol car & my budget is 6 to 6.5 max. After discussing with my friends and colleagues got to know that Anti-Lock Braking System & Airbags are required for safety purpose. As per the internet reviews, thought I will go for Swift or Grand i-10, but within this budget I cannot get all the features like ABS & Airbags.Kindly suggest me within this budget which one i will buy.
- How to delete my add