Harley Davidson expects better sales post receiving Indo-American Trade Excellence award
Harley Davidson seemed to have hit the jackpot with its affordable pricing for the Street 750. The American bike-maker has also set up its production plant in Bawal owing to good logistic support and low cost of operation. Harley Davidson uses this plant for the production of local as well as international units.
Recently Harley Davidson received the Indo-American Trade Excellence award for Operational Excellence in Manufacturing. The awards ceremony was held earlier this month by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC). On behalf of the company the award was received by Mr. Baljeet Mokha, Director, Plant Operations Harley-Davidson India. Speaking on the occassion he said, “We are honored to be recognized by IACC for Harley-Davidson India’s operational excellence in manufacturing. The ability to build and deliver exceptional products is possible only through input from our customers and the efforts and dedication of our employees and partners. We are proud of all that has been accomplished over the last 5 years in India and the award stands as testimony to our continued commitment to the market.”
Earlier, Harley Davidson had put up a new video on YouTube showing a new Harley that has been zipping past by a Route 66 road sign. Prima Facie it appears to be a new fast bike, but going by the sounds, it looks like it has been running on an electric motor. The bike sounds quieter and smoother than a regular version. At the end of the video, a date flashes 06.19.2014, thereby indicating on some surprise to be revealed. The bike features in the new Avengers movie and the crew has claimed it to be a production model. Further details shall only be known post an official unveiling by the company.
Connect With Us
Upcoming Cars in 2015
- Toll Plaza employe escapes unhurt after firing incident in Delhi
- Honda announces investment of Rs. 380 Crores for Tapakura plant expansion, to be utilized for new Jazz production
- New-gen Toyota Fortuner - How different will it be?
- Ford Ecosport facelift on cards, likely to be launched in 2016
- Tata Motors launches the Prima Range trucks in Bangladesh
Latest Questions & Answers
- What's the cost of oil chamber of alto k10
- I want ato buy a sedan diesel car within the range of 30Lakhs...but its maintanance cot should be low and it should give a mileage of around 18lpkm...kindly tel me the model and make
- I have a Hyundi Accent GLE Petrol and LPG 2008 Model.My car sound has been changed few months back. I lifted the car and searched for the sound and saw a small hole in the exhaust pipe which is connected to the rear silencer. I applied M-Seal and it worked fine for some days. My car sound was gone and it is smooth as before. Again after some days i got the same sound and decided to go for Welding and i got it done. The very next day that welding was also gone when i was on highway and hearing the same sound. People are looking at my car only as it is sounding bad like Racing cars, etc. From then onwards i am applying M-Seal only and managing my car sound. Now i want a permanent solution for this. I decided not to go for welding again because as i said above the very next day it was gone and i got it done for Rs. 200. I decided managing with M-seal is far better. Please tell me any permanent solution. Shall i go for Hyundai showroom and Replace the pipe or take their suggestion or shall i go for a local mechanic. I am already facing a huge expenses with the Hyundai Service. They are making the labour charges heavy. If i take this problem to them sure they will make a bill of min Rs. 5000