Google India reveals Top 10 most searched newly-launched cars of 2011
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
On behalf of Google India, AC Nielsen has come out with a report stating the most searched newly-launched cars among Indians for 2011. The report released by the search giant says the active Internet users of the country were most interested in Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) launched in 2011, as 83% of the total searches were for the robust and macho off-roaders. They were followed by premium cars (82%), sedans (75%) and luxury cars (74%). Hatchbacks rounded off the list with 53% of the total searches. The research house compiled these figures based on the Year-over-Year change in searches for the respective segment.
The most searched 2011-launched car in India last year was the stylish entry-level hatchback Hyundai Eon. Rolled out by the Korean manufacturer in September, this model is available in petrol and diesel variants and costs between Rs. 2.74 and 3.80 lacs. It was followed by Mahindra & Mahindra's flagship XUV 500, the wildly popular SUV that has become a volume-puller for the company. This off-roader comes with a price tag of Rs. 11.5 to 14.1 lacs and boasts of unmatched style and a host of features that are available only in higher-priced models.
Next in line in Google India's list was the petrol-only Honda Brio, which is characterised by decent performance and excellent styling. Powered by the iVTEC engine, this hatchback can bought at a price of Rs. 3.99 to 5.20 lacs in the country. The 4th position in the list was acquired by Tata Manza, the mid-sized sedan offered by India's Tata Motors. Popular mainly due to the variegated trims options that it provides to the buyers, this car is offered with petrol and diesel engines and is known for class-leading mileage. Though not a 2011-launched model, this car was revised in February last year by the auto maker.
Maruti Suzuki's top-of-the-line sedan Kizashi was seated on the 5th spot in Google India's list. With a starting price of Rs. 16.5 lacs, the premium sedan attracts netizens through a combination of power, style and comfort. This model was followed by the Toyota Etios Liva hatchback, which has been selling in the country like hot cakes. This model is available in petrol as well as diesel options and is replete with features that enable to it provide a comfortable ride to the passengers and give stiff competition to segment leaders like Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo and Hyundai i20.
Launched in 2011, the Hyundai Fluidic Verna did not just conquer the segment with the highest sales figures but also ranked among the favourites of Internet users in the country as it took the 7th position in the list. Featuring an all-new look since it was subjected to the Fluidic treatment, the second generation Verna has become a huge volume puller for Hyundai. The entry level sedan Nissan Sunny came 8th in the list as it lured netizens due to its stylish looks, attractive features and host of safety features while delivering decent performance.
Skoda's Rapid mid-sized sedan also made its way into Google India's list of most searched 2011-launched cars of India. Available with petrol and diesel engines, this model is available in the price range of Rs. 6.9 to 9.5 lacs. The list was rounded off by the newest edition of Ford Fiesta, which boasts of a unique console that has helped it gain the curiosity among Indian Internet surfers. With an initial price of Rs. 5.53 lacs, the car comes with the new and innovative automatic gearbox.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car