General Motors sales dive by 23.38% in July, no improvement anticipated
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
General Motors India, the Indian unit of the American automaker, has revealed a considerable plunge down in the sales figures for the month of July ranging to 23.38 percent. The sales clocked by the car maker stood at 7,285 units in July this year as compared to the sale of 9,508 units recorded during the same period last year.
Mr. P. Balendran, Vice-President, General Motors India, commented on the declining sales stream, "The sales are not on the expected lines as the market continues to remain sluggish due to high interest rates, high fuel prices and various other factors." He further expressed his concern about the market conditions, saying, "With market sentiments continuing to remain depressed, we are not expecting the market to show any improvement before the festival season."
Despite of launching series of upgraded and facelift versions of its models in its existing portfolio, the sales were far from being encouraging. While the automaker’s entry level small car, Chevrolet Spark scored sales of 534 units and the uber cool hatchback Chevrolet Beat totalled 4,354 units, the sales of the entry level sedan, Aveo recorded 176 units and the luxuriously elegant sedan, Cruze reported sale of 501 units. Even the MPV, Chevrolet Tavera grabbed the sales chunk by an impressive 1,615 units.
During the launch of the next generation Chevrolet Cruze, the company had revealed that strategies are being devised to revamp the Indian portfolio. The car maker is also anticipated to launch the much awaited Chevrolet Sail in premium hatchback and sedan segment along with marking the debut of Chevrolet Enjoy MPV by the end of the current year.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
The service is uilkne any other. No matter what I need to go in for I feel like i'm well taken care of and I never worry about my vehicle. They are quick to help, and will not stop until they fix it. Customer Satisfaction seems to be #1. I will continue to buy my vehicles there as well as service them. I trust the people and the company.Thanks for the great service!October 15, 2012 by Beby
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- General Motors India hopeful of market revival by October this year
- Chevrolet Enjoy to help General Motors India in regaining lost ground
- Everything you want to know about Chevrolet Enjoy
- GM India expecting 1 lakh sales on the back of Chevrolet Enjoy and Sail
- Chevrolet Enjoy launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 5.49 lakh
- General Motors positive about the success of Chevrolet Enjoy in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy joins the league of compact UVs in India
- Chevrolet Enjoy has a 1.3L Diesel and a 1.4L Petrol unit
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for Indian launch, demo models reach dealerships
- Chevrolet Enjoy may outshine Maruti Ertiga in the Indian MPV segment
- Chevrolet Enjoy to see Indian daylight on May 9, 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy set for its Indian launch in May 2013
- Chevrolet Enjoy to compete against Ertiga in the mini MPV segment
- 8,000 Chevrolet Sail sedan booked in less than 3 months